Future potential??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pandasdad

Future potential??

Post by pandasdad »

In among all of the doom, gloom and specualtion, this cheered me up this morning. Jonny Wilkinson in his book"My World" talks about his heroes, one of which was Ellery Hanley. In the page on Ellery he says:
"As a schoolboy in Hampshire I had a soft spot for Wasps because they weren't too far away and my chemistry teacher Steve Bates played for them. My true love, though, was Wigan, a rugby league club 200 miles away, whose posters adorned my walls. I've grown out of that sort of thing now - I've a framed Wigan shirt up at home instead."

Maurice. He's going over seas for a few weeks but how about a chat hwen he comes back?!!?
we_need_a_coach

Re: Future potential??

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:conf: Sorry, but this does'nt make any sense whatsoever !!!!!

:conf: :conf:
pandasdad

Post by pandasdad »

I thought it was quite straight forward, but I can't account for all!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

The days when RU stars came to us are long gone. Apparently, Wlikinson earns in excess of £5m/yr!!

Mmm.. I wonder why Farrell decided to chance his arm? :roll:
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Are you suggesting we approach Hanley for the Warriors? Or am I just being stupid lol?
Lockers15

Post by Lockers15 »

WILKO 4 WIGAN!!!
mayb take faz's place?
pandasdad

Post by pandasdad »

Sorry Standishcat but it seems both you and WNAC have a problem with the written word. Lockers15 has the point. Wilkinson preferred RL to RU in his younger days but never got the opportunity to play it where he lived. He's a life long Wigan fan and would like to try his arm at league, though he doubts he would get the opportunity. That's what I would call a "big name signing". Not some second rate or OTT Aussie.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Had he not played union first he may be a first rate signing but is the only reason he would be in your eyes, the fact that he has played union all his life, supported Wigan and won a world cup the only reasons? If these achievements had been in RL maybe so, but they are on a different sport. Get Keane at Wigan hes always supported Wigan!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
pandasdad

Post by pandasdad »

Mrs Lam. Can you think of a better stand off in either code than Wikinson? The games are not so different at that position.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

But he's gonna have to fit into the game of RL in general not just stand off. I know he's been brilliant but would he fit into RL ?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!