Life of Brian: funniest film ever?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
NathanCroucher

Re: Life of Brian: funniest film ever?

Post by NathanCroucher »

It's an absolute classic. I love Anchorman and Shaun of the Dead but I think I have over-watched them and spoilt them a bit. I recommend Four Lions, it is by far the best film this year and shows that Chris Morris is still brilliant.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

NathanCroucher wrote:It's an absolute classic. I love Anchorman and Shaun of the Dead but I think I have over-watched them and spoilt them a bit. I recommend Four Lions, it is by far the best film this year and shows that Chris Morris is still brilliant.
not quite on a par with Jaaam but yes its quality. "had no credit" :-)
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

anyone seen Porkies?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
East Stand Al

Post by East Stand Al »

How dare you champion a film that is blasphemous to Catholics. You're not the Messiah (Michael Maguire is) you're a very naughty boy!!!!!!!! :lol:
The future's bright, it's cherry & white.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

ancientnloyal wrote:anyone seen Porkies?
Certainly have. Hilarious! Porkies 2 wasn't as good but the scene where the trollop confronted the Congressman in the snooty restaurant can still bring tears to my eyes! :lol:
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

The whole, "That penis had a mole on it" scene in the headmasters office has me in stitches every time.

And I agree asbout Life of Brian and Holy Grail.

"Listen mate, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis to form a system of Government!"
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Kiwiseddon wrote:
The whole, "That penis had a mole on it" scene in the headmasters office has me in stitches every time.

And I agree asbout Life of Brian and Holy Grail.

"Listen mate, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis to form a system of Government!"
Talking of films involving headmaster's office scenes a mention has to go to Lee Briers' acting debut (or was it David Bradley?) in the film Kes. Absolutely love the scene when he's been sent by a teacher with a message for the headmaster but ends up waiting with a few lads who are going for the cane for smoking and ends up with his pockets full of cigarettes. "Empty your pockets lad", "But Sir, I've got a message Sir", "I said empty your pockets". Absolutely classic scene of injustice and a great film.

Went years ago to watch a version of Kes done at the Playhouse Theatre in Leeds. Don't remember much really but it kept to the film/book as much as possible but one thing I do remember for some reason is the bit where Jud tells his little bro that he's choked the kestrel and it's dead. The choice of wording had me in stitches at the time and the equivalent scene in the film seems a bit disappointing, as long as I live I'll never forget the lines, in broad Yorkshire dialect "whats tha done Jud?" "It's tha bird, I throttled 't little begger"
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Agree with you on that Gaz. Got Kes on DVD. Ken Loach never made a bad film IMO. Do you remember Jud in the Yellow Pages ad as the father of the kid who wanted a bike for his birthday? “I were right about that saddle though!"
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Kittwazzer wrote:Agree with you on that Gaz. Got Kes on DVD. Ken Loach never made a bad film IMO. Do you remember Jud in the Yellow Pages ad as the father of the kid who wanted a bike for his birthday? “I were right about that saddle though!"
no mate but I remember "hands off cocks and socks" as it made us chuckle at school :-)

jobo

Post by jobo »

Laurel and Hardy, the one were a lion gets loose in the house. It was also a real lion, with no cinema trickery.