direction and passion

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blind Side

direction and passion

Post by Blind Side »

It seems to me that we need individuals who can demonstrate sound judgement and passion for the club.

Our directors hide behind the salary cap whilst other sides are currently signing good players to add to squads which are already stronger than ours.

Times change we need people who can suceed now in 2005 not 1985.

What do you think ?.
Blind Side

Not good enough

When are we going to get our heads out of the sand

The board are not up to the demands of the super leauge era, their recritment and pay structure over the last few years is a joke

The board are not capable of bringing in a couple of seasoned pros to steady the ship when others clubs can

The youth development system is failing the last class players it produced where Farrell and Rads, yet think they are doing a great job

The 14000 who are paying each home match and the loyal fans who follow the team away from home deserve better

Does the board think for one second that we believe the excusses they are comming up with ( Please dont insult our loyalty )
Fraggle

Re: direction and passion

Post by Fraggle »

Blind Side posted:
It seems to me that we need individuals who can demonstrate sound judgement and passion for the club.

Our directors hide behind the salary cap whilst other sides are currently signing good players to add to squads which are already stronger than ours.

Times change we need people who can suceed now in 2005 not 1985.

What do you think ?.
It's not just a case of getting people who can also find ways around the salary cap. Eventually someone's going to come along and bring all these other clubs to account to explain how they can make these signings and how their top players are paid. ML has said this as well, but what we've not yet seen are these mysterious people coming along to actually do this investigation. If we're supposed to have a level playing field in terms of the salary cap, then more needs to be done to ensure everyone is sticking to the rules, make the investigations public, and to punish clubs breaking the rules, perhaps by taking 10% off their salary cap for the following season.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doc Warrior posted:

P.S.Do we actually make any money on the sale of merchandise or does it all go into DW's ever swelling bank account?
As I understand it, we get the profit from any merchandise sold from the Lotto shop, but not from the JJB stores.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

..All down tothe lotto shop, I'm buying
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!