Player dissent especially the smellys

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jobo

Player dissent especially the smellys

Post by jobo »

Has any else noticed that refs are allowing players, especially from Stains, to show dissent against decisions?

Ok, the captain can ask for an explanation but this business of say Whelans throwing his arms up and then others joining in is turning into a joke. They should send em back a further 10 meters as soon as they open their gobs.
Kittwazzer

Re: Player dissent especially the smellys

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'm sure that a ref did take an offending team back 10 on one occasion over the weekend. It occurred to me that it was the first time I had seen that in a long time.

And you're right about dissent going largely unpunished. Wasn't long ago Eastond effed & jeffed at a referee without so much as a talking to.

Last season, Ganson gave Sam a yellow card for backchat!
markill

Post by markill »

Obviously you werent at the blackpool v workington game on sunday.

2 panthers were binned for dissent. Well, the first was appealing for a knock on and I didnt see the second aiming a comment at the official but didnt hear what was said.

That reminds me, anyone know the email address to write to the rfl about refs?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mark, to be fair Hobson is a serial offender
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:Mark, to be fair Hobson is a serial offender
Oh I know he is a dirty player who has no control over his temper, some of his behaviour is inexcusable. doesn't mean he should automatically be binned for shouting for a knock on. certainly cant say same about keavney. and when macdonald mouthed off in second half why didnt he get binned?

Are you just going off reputation or were you at the game cp? because my criticism of a lot of refs in these situations is they just go off reputation...don't put yourself in with the referees!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

markill wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Mark, to be fair Hobson is a serial offender
Oh I know he is a dirty player who has no control over his temper, some of his behaviour is inexcusable. doesn't mean he should automatically be binned for shouting for a knock on. certainly cant say same about keavney. and when macdonald mouthed off in second half why didnt he get binned?

Are you just going off reputation or were you at the game cp? because my criticism of a lot of refs in these situations is they just go off reputation...don't put yourself in with the referees!
As much as ignoring reputation is a great ideology, if a referee gets abuse from the same player again and again they will start to act on it sooner because as in a disciplinary hearing previous record will be taken into account. What I don't like is when players get penalised because the refs suspect an offence/intent of an offence based on previous behaviour even if they've not seen it. If a player is regularly committing and being penalised for the same offence but not learnt from it they clearly IMO need a harsher punishment, if this is a sinbinning then so be it.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Sinfield got Leeds marched back 10 against Hull. One of the few penalties the soon to be beatified Rhino's gave away. :)
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09