Radford/Fielden does anybody understand this.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jobo

Radford/Fielden does anybody understand this.

Post by jobo »

The old RL hierarchy strike again. Radford, quite rightly, blatantly belts a player not in a position to defend himself, gets a 1 match ban, which is overturned on appeal. Fielden on the other hand was obviously more guilty than Radford, when he was stamped on, belted then had a go back against half the huds thugs.

If their incompetence wasn't so serious you'd roll over laughing.
gpartin

Re: Radford/Fielden does anybody understand this.

Post by gpartin »

jobo wrote:The old RL hierarchy strike again. Radford, quite rightly, blatantly belts a player not in a position to defend himself, gets a 1 match ban, which is overturned on appeal. Fielden on the other hand was obviously more guilty than Radford, when he was stamped on, belted then had a go back against half the huds thugs.

If their incompetence wasn't so serious you'd roll over laughing.
Fielden didn't appeal did he?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

What it shows IMO is that we need to appeal more.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

i agree .... we should appeal more.
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Whilst not condoning what the rfl have done. I most definately :eusa2: :eusa2: anyone that smacks Bailey one. Bailey is just the same as Mason in as much as the fact that he his sneaky. How often have we seen the likes of Mason,Bailey,etc punch someone whilst being incapable of defending themselves. As I have stated previously I do not condone the rfl over- turning of the ban.As this in itself tells players that it does not really matter that a player is prostrate on the ground because he is fair game for thugs to take pot shots at.That is unless you are a Wigan player retaliating against a sneaky coward who hides behind his team mates when the going gets tough. The rfl should send out the message that it is wholey unnaceptable to take the law into your own hands. Saying that it would also help matters if the refs where consistent in their dealings with incidents of this nature. Once again I :eusa2: the smacking of Bailey on this and every occasion. :D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:What it shows IMO is that we need to appeal more.
Do we ever appeal at all?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Do we ever appeal at all?
Not after Uncle Mo... apparently you can still smell his presence at Red Hall.

If we start to appeal we can cite the Radford case, as can any other player with similar offence.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Thought very much the same after Carvell got his ban overturned at the start of the season.
Shy boy gets no cake, as to say.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Laughed my knads off after Radford split Bailey's eye wide open, it has been coming to the Leeds bully for so long.
According to Radford's appeal, it was only one punch that landed, and what an excellent punch it was.

Just waiting for Cunningham's cummupance before the season ends.
Has anyone else noticed the three cheap shots Cunninham has aimed at Tommy in the last two seasons.