The Pope's Visit.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ancientnloyal

Re: The Pope's Visit.

Post by ancientnloyal »

Just thought it'd be like a scene from 24 or something... that kind of tv coverage.

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
doc

Post by doc »

Jesus Christ!!! £12 million to protect the leader of the world's biggest peadophile ring. The catholic church is rich enough to pay for the visit themselves.

Did like AnL's pic of the demo with the Father Ted style "Steady Now" banner.

I always thought arguments/wars between religions were like wars between followers of Goldilocks and Rumplestiltskin.

As a devout atheist I always use the argument "If you were diagnosed with cancer, where would you prefer to go in an attempt to be cured, the Christie Hospital or Lourdes?".
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'm not a religious person, but I have never forgotten my grandad's old saying.

“There were no Atheists in the trenches!”!
irishwarrior

Post by irishwarrior »

well as i catholic i take offence to the paedophile ring comment doc, all catholics aren't paedos.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Each to teir own and I respect all religious followers whatever their religion. I just think the Vatican has enough funds to cover the visit financially because at the end of the day surely the Pope is aiming to visit / talk to Catholics. I do not accept the need for protests etc.
irishwarrior

Post by irishwarrior »

i agree with that cp. if he's here to talk to his followers the church should pay for that. i dont mind people protesting even though i dont understand it as i wouldnt protest against anyones religion myself.
i wont take people being flippent and associating paedophilia with catholics in general though because that just ain't right.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It isn't IW. Every walk of life has some individual that have done unspeakable acts. Sadly, 1 in God knows how many 100,000's of teachers has done such things but that does not make Teachers per se Pedos just as Catholic Churchmen are not Pedos per se.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

cpwigan wrote:It isn't IW. Every walk of life has some individual that have done unspeakable acts. Sadly, 1 in God knows how many 100,000's of teachers has done such things but that does not make Teachers per se Pedos just as Catholic Churchmen are not Pedos per se.

But all saints fans do have small arms and smell of cabbage!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
doc

Post by doc »

IW, my comment of "Leader of the worlds biggest peadophile ring" was not aimed at all catholics. It was to highlight the fact that the ex Hitler Youth member currently in charge of the catholic church (by the way I was christened catholic - now v. badly lapsed) took a lead in covering up the child abuse committed by numerous catholic clerics.

As an atheist I treat all religion with equal distain. I do defend peoples rights to follow whatever religion /fairy story / values they like as long as they don't force it on anyone else.

As a scientist I find it very worrying that some schools in this country, although small in number and mainly academies sponsored by people of various faiths, are now starting to teach creationism and intelligent design, theories based on 2000 yr old fairy stories rather than scientific evidence.

At the end of the day, if a religious person is solid in their faith, surely thay can withstand the odd derogatory comment by us heathens before we depart to the burning pits of hell.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Isn't religion just a matter of “My invisible friend is better than your invisible friend!”?