danny orr's hamstring again!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: danny orr's hamstring ...

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
mrs_carney posted:
i've questioned the conditioning skills before, but nobody responded, instead of poaching players we should poach leeds' conditioner!
Perhaps the people wanting Moaning Millie at Wigan should remember what we got last time someone defected from St Helens and came to Wigan. I can't remember whose decision it was to replace Marty Hulme with Nigel Ineptly-Jones but I'm still half-convinced it was all a St Helens ploy to reduce the fitness of our players. And remember we also had that other top St Helens star join the club not too long ago, Brett Goldspink! Why would we want ANYONE associated with St Helens when we've had such wonderful staff in recent years?
I've criticised NAJ often enough on here in the past, and still think that's justified.

We do get the occasional "gem" from saints though, Fraggle...Connolly and Platt for example. And we did give them Bibey!
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

I was even thinking about changing my name by depole to
"WE NEED A CONDITIONER" aka WNAC

I think someone on here would have something to say about it though!!!

I wouldnt mind but none of the youth player coming through look that big either!! were is our ryan bailey or danny ward!!! Would Saints have let him go if he was that good? :doz:

hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Poor Danny Orr he hasn't played for God know's how long and it's time to get at him again. Isn't it better he fully recovers than play only half fit but then no matter what the man does it's not good enough for some fans. Lets judge him on this season when he's strung more than two games together, is fully fit and finally plays alongside Dennis Moran. Until then please leave him alone!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

One of the reasons we're unhappy is because hes not played very much at all, the same goes for carney and sculthorpe, all top notch quality players but just dont play enough through injuries or such, we cant afford to have them under the salary cap and only playing about 10ish games a season, its not fair on the other players who play week in week out and its not fair on the club because they cant replace them under the salary cap
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Oh I agree with that but it's not a players fault if he gets injured though is it? Maybe your right and Wigan need to take a long hard look at the physical trainer.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Who knows what goes on, although i've notcied wigan have many more injuries than other teams so maybe its time to take a look what goes on off the field not on!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

According to the wigan website he played 29 games in 2004. If he played 29 games last season I'm sorry but I've seen more than enough to make my mind up.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
the grinch posted:
i saw danny sculthorpe in a garden centre and got talking about how the training is going on. he said danny orr pulled up again whilst training and is now a doubt for the warrington game. i dont think we have seen the best yet from orr and maybe we never will! i like danny orr he tackles his heart out but he is missing more and more games. maybe we should cut our losses and sell him on. :doz:
Who on earth will buy him? Think of a super league club with a worse half back than Orr. Seriously every single team has at least one! He'll stay at Wigan and see his contract out because he cannot demand nor does he warrent the excessive money that we pay him.

His game at Cas was of organiser and support player. You nailed it in one at Wigan he tackles his heart out, which for me is the least that a pro footballer should offer.

Every SL player should tackle is heart out.