New feature on SL site!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
heydude

Re: New feature on SL site...

Post by heydude »

Doveoverdave posted:
Talking of forward passes in general, the rules are a mess at the moment and the touchies should have more influence IMO.

Not sure on the EXACT ruling is now, but years ago you had to pass the ball BACKWARDS!

Now with "the flat pass", "momentum rule" and the ref being 10m away (thats along way off to adjudicate a FP) loads of FP are not called by the officials and the ever more professional players and coaches are taking full advatage.
agree with you doveoverdave think we should go back to passing the ball backwards then none of this controversial decisions we have now and while we're at it should go back to properly grounding the ball too. :D
don't eat yellow snow
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Most of our passes goto the opposition lately.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

SL could and should revert back to a few of the old rules and not be ruled by upside down lazy Auzie rules! Their interpretation of OUR game is wrong and lacks the skill of old :mad:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

You're right it has become a lazy game. Even the play of the ball, if the player is deemed to have at least made a play...What?! No, I thought play of the ball should be playing the ball not attempting to
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
heydude

Post by heydude »

x Wigan Warrior x posted:
SL could and should revert back to a few of the old rules and not be ruled by upside down lazy Auzie rules! Their interpretation of OUR game is wrong and lacks the skill of old :mad:
i would put here here but someone keeps putting in where where not mentioning no names of course. :wink:
don't eat yellow snow
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

"Well I attempted to put the ball down but then Kris Radlinski came along and put me in touch"
"Well, as long as you tried son. T-R-Y time."

B*****s
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
heydude

Post by heydude »

MrsLam posted:
"Well I attempted to put the ball down but then Kris Radlinski came along and put me in touch"
"Well, as long as you tried son. T-R-Y time."

B*****s
are you having naughty dreams Mrs L
don't eat yellow snow
pedro

Post by pedro »

I remember someone putting the rule in the league express. Apparantly the reading of the rule meant there was a momentum rule although worded totally different.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
They are taking advantage of a rule that doesn't exist. When asked (I can't remember who it was) said that this rule DOES NOT exist, and it is merely a rule made up by somebody on the SkySports channel. Ie Stevo. I don't know whether they have taken his comments seriously and now made it into a rule but it wasn't last season, and I am sick of hearing him talkinga bout it. If it's back its back, level its level and forward is forward.
It was Phil Clark, although he may have been taking the p**s a bit as he tried to use some example of throwing Stevo off a moving train and something about the momentum of either the bald one or the train... can't really remember exactly what it was about, it was at least 3 years ago as I still had access to Sky at the time.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
MrsLam posted:
They are taking advantage of a rule that doesn't exist. When asked (I can't remember who it was) said that this rule DOES NOT exist, and it is merely a rule made up by somebody on the SkySports channel. Ie Stevo. I don't know whether they have taken his comments seriously and now made it into a rule but it wasn't last season, and I am sick of hearing him talkinga bout it. If it's back its back, level its level and forward is forward.
It was Phil Clark, although he may have been taking the p**s a bit as he tried to use some example of throwing Stevo off a moving train and something about the momentum of either the bald one or the train... can't really remember exactly what it was about, it was at least 3 years ago as I still had access to Sky at the time.
I remember that - I was watching in a pub and everyone wanted Clarky to try the experiment.

The thing that annoys me is Stevo whiffling on about it making a difference if the passing player keeps running (to keep ahead of the ball, presumably) or is stopped. What difference does that make to the path of the ball, once it's left his hands?