Grand final - thoughts/favourite moments

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Grand final - thoughts/favourite moments

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote: If people want something lively, try Land of Hope and Glory, Rule Britannia etc etc.
IMO, Land of Hope & Glory should be the National Anthem. Ours is the only one which doesn't mention the country!
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

onedego wrote:Well, it's so hard to pinpoint a favourite moment, because it was all fantastic.

It was amazing that we went to Wigan and it was packed with Warriors Fans, we went to Manchester it was packed with Warriors we went to Old Trafford, packed with Warriors... I couldnt beleive how few saints fans were there.

Interesting being likened to Ron Jeremy outside the Oyster Bar though.....

Diana Vickers was crap, so much so i even shouted "get off, yer s**t" at one point... The MC must've been on comission for the number of times he could fit "Theatre Of Dreams" into his dialogue!

The wife & i have discussed the game at length... and the highlight for us was Sammy's try, his arm seemed to come from nowhere and grow an extra foot for that try... And, of course that countdown.

The wife is a new RL fan and new Wigan fan having moved up this way from Wales, but she took great pleasure in singing We Are The Champions!

The celebrations were halted for Saturday Night with thanks to GMPTE who couldn't be bothered laying on any extra train services meaning we were stuck with the last train home...

Back out on Sunday for the home coming though.. highlight on that was Tommy Lulu hanging off the back of the bus, can of fosters in one hand, trophey in the other, looking a little red eyed and tremendously drunk!

All in all a massively awesome weekend! Absolutely brilliant to be singing the old favourites again and may they be sung for many years to come! Wigan Warriors are thhe greatest team in the world!
Re the trains there were extra services put on from old Trafford straight through to Wigan and St Helens
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
matt3009

Post by matt3009 »

apart from the win and how well we played my fave moment was yeti graham totally losing it with the ref and flapping about like a headless chicken i laughed my tits off in the west stand - priceless!!! :lol:
onedego

Post by onedego »

WiganWarrior wrote:Re the trains there were extra services put on from old Trafford straight through to Wigan and St Helens
We found out later that there was 1 at 8:20 and 1 at 9:20... but we'd have to buy another ticket... When there's 3 of you, it soon mounts up. But 2 trains for potential 60k people? Nuts. Even the British Transport Police said that GMPTE had done an insufficient job.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

onedego wrote:
WiganWarrior wrote:Re the trains there were extra services put on from old Trafford straight through to Wigan and St Helens
We found out later that there was 1 at 8:20 and 1 at 9:20... but we'd have to buy another ticket... When there's 3 of you, it soon mounts up. But 2 trains for potential 60k people? Nuts. Even the British Transport Police said that GMPTE had done an insufficient job.
Wish I'd know at the time - I checked trainline on Sat morning and they didn't show any from Old Trafford.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

GeoffN wrote:
onedego wrote:
WiganWarrior wrote:
Wish I'd know at the time - I checked trainline on Sat morning and they didn't show any from Old Trafford.
I just flew home to Kitt Green swinging from lamppost to lamppost! :lol:
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

There was only about 20 people waiting for the 920 train alot of people had gone by then
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
endoman

Post by endoman »

We walked back to car via chippy and pub. Son then drove us back home with zero traffic and 4 fresh Stellas for me, perfect. journey time was three Stellas. Only downside was a lack of Babby's yeds in chippy.
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

How good do you think Mick Potter is using the Bristol Stool Chart?
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

NathanCroucher wrote:How good do you think Mick Potter is using the Bristol Stool Chart?
Type 1: Separate hard lumps, like nuts (hard to pass)
Type 2: Sausage-shaped, but lumpy
Type 3: Like a sausage but with cracks on its surface
Type 4: Like a sausage or snake, smooth and soft
Type 5: Soft blobs with clear cut edges (passed easily)
Type 6: Fluffy pieces with ragged edges, a mushy stool
Type 7: Watery, no solid pieces. Entirely liquid

Got to be type 5: for me. Passed very easy on the night. :lol: