Diskin to the Bulls

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Diskin to the Bulls

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

odd one, i have to say i dont think burderes has been half as good as his hype has had few games where i thought "wow he's changed the match" i actually think for large parts of his stay he has been out-performed by diskin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 105045.stm
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Kittwazzer

Re: Diskin to the Bulls

Post by Kittwazzer »

Apparently Bulls offered a 3 year deal compared to the one year Leeds offered. Somehow, I don't think the Whinos will be a major force next season. Cracks were definitely appearing this year and McLennan's brand of thuggery will only take you so far!
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:i have to say i dont think burderes has been half as good as his hype has had few games where i thought "wow he's changed the match" i actually think for large parts of his stay he has been out-performed by diskin
Agree completely, Burderes has had some shocker games this season. Memorably the GF semi i think it was, knock on's a plenty.
Kittwazzer wrote:I don't think the Whinos will be a major force next season. Cracks were definitely appearing this year and McLennan's brand of thuggery will only take you so far!
Agree again, and i don't think it will be just next season, unless they bring in youngsters or more talent one way or another, there gonna hit a dry patch. Eastwood out, Diskin out, Peacock is walking wounded and surely can't have many more competative seasons left in him (dare i say he's getting injury prone through age, he's 32 now?). It leaves too much reliance on the occasional individual efforts of McGuire/Smith/Sinfield IMO
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

At least Bradford are building well... signings galore!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Kittwazzer wrote:Apparently Bulls offered a 3 year deal compared to the one year Leeds offered. Somehow, I don't think the Whinos will be a major force next season. Cracks were definitely appearing this year and McLennan's brand of thuggery will only take you so far!
Been thinking the same thing all season KW.
This style of typical Kiwi coaching only survives so long, as the players get fed up with it.
I had Mclennan and Walters down as the first two coaches to get the bullet last season, and I dont think it is too far away from happening now at Leeds.
As you say, cant blame Diskin for taking the 3 year option at the Bulls.
Leeds must be happy with McShane as main back up to Buderus, but the Aussie is by far less effective than what he was a season or so ago.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

3 into 2 at the Bulls though will not go though.

LeEstrange / Diskin / Godwin

1 will go surely.

12 month deal for Godwin to return to Wigan?
Wigan_forever1985

Im not so sure godwin has improved any since leaving wigan and is injury prone, MM superior play IMO and he would be the one who would have to give up his spot assuming Lulu makes the move to hooker.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I was thinking as Godwin as a 12 month back up in case of injuries
Wigan_forever1985

Depends i guess whether he'd be happy with that and if he is i would think he'd stay at bradfurt as i reckon they see Lestrange as cover for the backs and they cant really rely on orford.

On a seperate note i think Kearny could be big this season hasn't had the team to back him up so far and i really rate him
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Let's not forget Orford who has supposedly committed to seeing out his contract. But for him, we'd have had 100% away record this year in SL!