What to do now???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: What to do now???

Post by cpwigan »

Watch the whole season again!!!
Wigan_panda

Post by Wigan_panda »

Support a football team! It's not that bad for 4 months and especially if your team always wins!
It's good to have an end to journey towards, but it's the journey that matters in the end.
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Wigan_panda wrote:Support a football team! It's not that bad for 4 months and especially if your team always wins!
Surely things aren't so desperate. Most of us will just wait till next season!
Stevethegas
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Watch the GF again including preview and summary. Count how many references to 'Kieron Cunningham' and 'Fairytale/Dream ending' before it becomes obvious that the dream has become a nightmare and the fairy tale has turned Grimm! :lol:
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

cpwigan wrote:Watch the whole season again!!!
If you have the whole season on DVD CP I'll be round tonight. I'll bring beer!!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:Watch the GF again including preview and summary. Count how many references to 'Kieron Cunningham' and 'Fairytale/Dream ending' before it becomes obvious that the dream has become a nightmare and the fairy tale has turned Grimm! :lol:
I love it when Meli scores with 5 minutes left on the clock and Eddie starts spouting on about a possible Saints comeback, the desperation in his voice is a joy to hear.

Too bad Wigster, you'll have to call us champions next season. Hopefully we can turn St George over and he'll have to call us "World Champions".

Sounds good, doesn't it? :wink:
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kiwiseddon wrote:As the final seconds of that countdown came to an end, I hoped that the euphoria I felt would never end. Sadly it has to at some point.

I am now faced with the inevitable anti-climax of the four nations and the forum posts turn to sponsorship, the look of the new kit and whether we'll make another signing. Valid as those posts are, I imagine that there's more than just me who are thinking that we are scraping the barrel a little and the reality of having to wait months to see the Warriors play again is sinking in.

I loved being a Wigan fan this season....Or should that be 'last' season now? Either way, I'm desperate to get next season underway.

Get on Youtube. Someone called, Wigan1983 has put loads of clips from Wigan games in the 1990's. It just shows how good we as a team was. Players like Gary Connelly, Kris Radders, Neil Cowie (never thought I'd say that) and the rest were. They hardly knew the meaning of losing. If the board and coach stay the same, I reckon we've another 5 years or so of that type of success.

Anyone got a flux capacitor handy???
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Just been on youtube to wiganer1983's channel and agree how good were some of those players so started to create my all time favourite team since I started watching in the early 80's. I couldn't believe the quality of my 3rd 13...
1. S Hampson
2. H Gill
3. J Lydon
4. K Iro
5. B Carney
6. H Paul
7. T Smith
8. A Shelford
9. M Hall
10. A Platt
11. A Furner
12. S Panapa
13. P Clarke

My 1st 13 would come from

1. F Botica / K Radlinski
2. J Robinson / B Dallas
3. S Renouf / D Bell
4. V Tuigamala / G Connolly
5. M Offiah / P Richards
6. S Edwards / T Barrett
7. A Gregory / A Lam
8. S Quinnell / T O'Connor
9. T Newton / M Dermott
10. C Smith / N Cowie
11. D Betts / L Gilmour
12. A Goodway / M Cassidy
13. E Hanley / A Farrell

WOW and apart from Pat I haven't included any of our current crop of wonder kids, Tommy, Sam, Joel, Lee, Harrison, Lockers plus others I'm sure we will look back in the future and include in all time favourites
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

I'm with cpwigan - a season rewatch is in order!
Our V+ hard drive is now full of all this season's Wigan Sky games, plus quite a few of last years still.

Going to have to clear some down to DVD to make way for the new season (and for those programmes my wife keeps wanting to record :) ) so think I may as well watch them at the same time!!

And we always have a great time watching the Bradford game comeback from a couple of years ago - will never ever tire of that game.

And as for live rugby - get down to some amateur games. Some superb rugby going on locally at the moment. I may be a bit biased but St Judes U14s are having a cracking season so far this year

:) :)
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Wigan_panda wrote:Support a football team! It's not that bad for 4 months and especially if your team always wins!
No thanks - got some paint that looks like it's about to start drying.