For you Twitter peeps do you want some fun?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

For you Twitter peeps do you want some fun?

Post by cpwigan »

Mr Rugby League - Gary Schofield
@Stuart4567 Edwards?! Never once played well against australia though! 1:25 PM Oct 26th via web in reply to Stuart4567
I do not tweet etc but I do like to browse etc. The following quote by Schofield is well down his page now but if you want to make a 'big' name Anti Wigan ex RL player look stupid. Remind him of his quote and ask him who was the scrum half when GB beat aus at Melbourne in 1992? :wink:
AdamMac

Re: For you Twitter peeps do you want some fun?

Post by AdamMac »

Well I like a post or two on Twitter so I have done just that. Let's see what Mr Schofield has to say....

TBH though I would be as bitter as him if Wigan kept me from winning any major silverware throughout my career. Hahahahaha
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Actually, Stuart4567 is me!

Schofield had named his all-time greatest squad, placing Greg at 7 and himself at 6. I pointed out that Shaun would have been first choice at stand off and I would have been second, ahead of him! :lol:

Fat Garry can dish it out but he can take it as well. Unlike a certain ex-fullback! :lol:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoBueVGRq2k[/youtube]

Never won a trophy did he?[/youtube]
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

In defence of Schofield, which is rare coming from me, at least he is willing to answer questions people put to him and is willing to discuss, argue or debate with his followers. Other well known people on twitter refuse to converse with anyone they perceive to be below them and use it to show how many 'famous' people they know.

I was asked to join in a sponsored walk with a big group of friends who were all raising money for various charities. Me and a couple of others had pretty much decided to do it for Steve Prescott foundation and asked Steve five or six times over the course of a fortnight for some info about gift aid so I could maximise the donation to help him and his charity out. I didn't get a response to any of the tweets because he was too busy having a long-running twitter love-in with Claire Balding. Now I genuinely feel sorry for the bloke but decided to collect sponsorship for a campaign for an opt-out only organ door register, an equally important cause imo. If people like Russell Crowe can find the time to respond to the some of the same old crap he gets off his followers then I'm sure Steve could have had the decency to respond to my question with either an answer or a way of finding out. Apologies if it's not considered politically correct to criticise someone who's got cancer but there's no excusing ignorance as far as I'm concerned.

Schofield may well think he was better than everyone else on the rugby pitch but at least he doesn't consider himself above everyone off it.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."