Next Season's shirts

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
centralparkforever

Re: Next Season's shirts

Post by centralparkforever »

wiggydoran wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I like the Cas shirt. It reminds me of one they played in during the late 80's / early 90's
Correct CP - it even says on the superlegaue web site -

The shirt reflects the design of the kit worn by the Tigers when they last won the Carnegie Challenge Cup at Wembley in 1986.
Thats right when they beat us on the way there at Central Park. A stalwart display by Kevin Ward and the Beardsmore twins as i can remember.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

ancientnloyal wrote:
NathanCroucher wrote:I'm chuffed St Helens shirt is piss poor.
the quality might be good being ISC... better than our kooGa quality.
Have you seen the price of stains shirts?

They ain't happy on redvee

http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthread ... s-too-high

But nor would I be, look at the official site, £75: for a shirt!

http://www.saintssuperstore.com/1_Repli ... -Kit-2011/

I know they do a "Replica" for £40:00, but from what I remember from last year, they were just a T shirt with the design printed on it.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I can't believe that James Roby pic is actually real. It looks like a Photoshop first timer has cut out Roby's head from another picture an stuck it on. Playing shirts are always expensive but ISC replica gear is pretty good stuff from what I've seen. The point made on there about Puma having stuff made for them is true but has been for a long time with certain things, I worked for the factory in Batley in about 97 when they supplied our shirts and although ours came from another Puma site, there were numerous other shirts (Derby County and Hudds Town football shirts IIRC) which came from other suppliers. I really can't see what difference it makes tbh its not as if there are Puma branded sewing machines and Puma workers who get paid more and somehow produce better quality gear. :roll: When the club submit their design specs with an idea of how much they are willing to pay, they have a choice whether they want decent quality gear or not. Anyone remember how bad our shirts were with the massive warrior on it? The design itself was atrocious and the seams came away under my armpits after about 3 washes.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Anybody seen FC United shirts. Not sure if they still exist but the shirt is a 70's Man U style design with the Admiral logo as manufacturer.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Anybody seen FC United shirts. Not sure if they still exist but the shirt is a 70's Man U style design with the Admiral logo as manufacturer.
They beat Rochdale in the FA Cup a few days ago

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 140477.stm
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Indeed Josie that is where I noticed the kit. I have to say the atmosphere was incredible throughout the match albeit they got a very flukey illegal winning goal but what a joy to see an old fashioned peaceful pitch invasion at the end with players chaired by the fans.

I do think a lot of RL clubs could learn a great deal from the FC model which I believe began at Wimbledon. Many of our championship clubs might be better following the model.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

a full weeks worth of dole money on a shirt! not surprised there complainin :lol:
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

Toddlers home shirts are £27:99!!!

ouchhhh!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

New Wakefield shirts, apparently reflecting history.
I have no idea how to add pictures, so here is the link.

https://www.clubsonline.com.au/shop/ind ... OrgID=4945[/img]
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

Image Image
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields