2011 Fixtures

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chnwh

Re: 2011 Fixtures

Post by chnwh »

onedego

Re: The Fixtures

Post by onedego »

ya wouldn't think we won it last year, and were listed by every team as "The One To Beat", and by the bookies and commentators as "The One To Watch" would ya?

now that the fixtures are released... they can start sending out the season ticket packs.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Montpellier interest me as much because of the date which is my birthday. Anybody much experience of the City?
onedego

Post by onedego »

I hadn't noticed the friday night thing... Wonderful... Thank you SO much RFL! Looks like i'll be driving to every home game then!

not to mention the lads not really getting a break before a home game, heck they dont get one before the away games with travelling. It's an attempt to rig the results, i tell ya!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Wigan want friday night home games, so it's our 'fault' isnt it.

And yes the catalans game is confirmed for montpellier.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

cpwigan wrote:Montpellier interest me as much because of the date which is my birthday. Anybody much experience of the City?
There are a lot of algerians I guess. and the Millau bridge is close.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

that millau viaduct is simply amazing!

Not an easy or a cheap place to get to Montpellier but if you take a lok at our site we do have a solution.
No its not the minibus again.
She is having a well earned rest...

Having a temporay problem with our server
im not technical but itll be solved asap

to see the site its www.directeta1.moonfruit.com
and its a long drive from Spain!
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

gillysmyhero wrote:I've been told that Wigan Catalan on sat 4th June. Also told that they might be playing in Montpelier, if true is not good as you can't fly direct from any northern airports. Time will tell if my info is correct.
Ryanair fly direct to Montpellier from Leeds Bradford, so that may be an option.
Flights are currently £61 with Ryanair, but you have to fly out Wednesday and return the following Wednesday. Great for anyone who wants to make a weeks holiday.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

have to say I don't know what the fuss is about, literally don't understand half of the whinging posts. We play Saints and Bradford before the WCC. That's one decent team and Bradford who are hardly world beaters. As much as I think the idea of the magic weekend is pathetic I can understand the RFL wanting Super League to start in style rather than with a few poor fixtures. It will be better preparation for us at least having a competitive game before the WCC. As Marc quite rightly says we chose to play games on a Friday night and I can't see recovery time being an issue so early in the season. As for fixtures on Sky we know by now that they try to show all teams a fair amount and as with last season if we are playing well we will get plenty of big games on later in the Season. We have also seen some poor game choices from Sky such as last year when I think they chose a Crusaders game when Warrington and Saints was on but having a game such as Harlequins v Crusaders or whatever, gets two poor teams on tele at the same time (rather than spreading them over two weeks) leaving space for some of the better games at the business end of the year. In addition to this a game like that is more likely to be a competitive game than Warrington v Crusaders anyway.

The point about the number of away games we have doesn't really matter either. Our away record was at least as good as our home record last year, things even themselves out and personally if I was a season ticket holder I'd prefer more of our home games to be when teams are challenging for playoff places or consolidating a league position. Also, doesn't our pitch get relaid at some stage? Rest assured we'll be on Sky more than our fair share and obviously we'll play the same number of home games as everyone else. A midweek fixture against Castleford later in the year might not necessarily be a bad thing either, poor teams are at their strongest early on and one of the best performances I saw from Cas last year was when they played Warrington at home fairly early in the season where they were penalised out of the game but threw everything at it. Crap teams lose their ability to put together valiant displays as the season progresses and Cas will be no different. If anything they should be the ones feeling hard done by, if we've not got the fitness to play a midweek game then they've got no chance.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."