today's game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Joanne2809

Re: today's game

Post by Joanne2809 »

WELL SAID AGAIN LIZ !!! GOOD ONE !!!!!!
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

pedro posted:
Im there singing and shouting. I was there doing the same daft thing when we were in division 2.

:(
I love that quote!!!!
:lol: :lol:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

madliz posted:
I went to todays game as I do every week and i firstly want to say to those who are loosing faith in their team to go away! i know we are struggling this season but todays performance was better and mrs carney is right in her post before we are not the team from the 80s but we are a good team with a lot of potential and a team that deserve our support as are moto says acient and LOYAL! but i think today the fans at the game proved that as we really got behind the lads and i was really proud to be a wigan supporter. so well done lads things to work on but getting there.
Liz
I am sorry but I find posts like this patronising.

NO ONE expects to win everyting. EVERYONE knows the competition is structured differently now.

What is more, yet again, we see the implication being made that critising the team or the coach isn't supporting the team.

This isn't psychophants corner. It is a place to express opinions and people who say things like go away or whatever have absolutely no idea how much support anyone on here gives the team on match days.

As to not being the team from the 80's that isn't the problem. It is because we are not the team of 2004 that is causing us grief.

Dave
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

DaveO posted:
madliz posted:
I went to todays game as I do every week and i firstly want to say to those who are loosing faith in their team to go away! i know we are struggling this season but todays performance was better and mrs carney is right in her post before we are not the team from the 80s but we are a good team with a lot of potential and a team that deserve our support as are moto says acient and LOYAL! but i think today the fans at the game proved that as we really got behind the lads and i was really proud to be a wigan supporter. so well done lads things to work on but getting there.
Liz
I am sorry but I find posts like this patronising.

NO ONE expects to win everyting. EVERYONE knows the competition is structured differently now.

What is more, yet again, we see the implication being made that critising the team or the coach isn't supporting the team.

This isn't psychophants corner. It is a place to express opinions and people who say things like go away or whatever have absolutely no idea how much support anyone on here gives the team on match days.

As to not being the team from the 80's that isn't the problem. It is because we are not the team of 2004 that is causing us grief.

Dave
:( Well written again DaveO, but you do have to say, whether its the coach, the players, Doris, WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!!

:angry: :angry:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:( Well written again DaveO, but you do have to say, whether its the coach, the players, Doris, WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!!

:angry: :angry:
We are not good enough, but I think we could be better with what we have got. We will have to be as I can't see any signs of improved playing personell turning up in the near future. Mo's recruitment talk is all for next season.

Lets face it we have lost Davico, Faz, Hock and O'Loughlin for the season or permanently and replaced them with Guisett and McDonald. That is both bad luck and bad management.

Those two new players are not going to compensate for what we lost so something has got to and that needs to be better performances from the remaining players. The experienced players need to play on top form all the time and the younger players need to play beyond what we would expect.

Certain senior players like Moran and Orr are not delivering. The younger players have shown their inexperience or simply their lack of physical size. To get this to change requires better coaching IMO.

There is definately room for improvement but I don't have the confidence Betts can extract it from the squad. So what I am saying is that in the absence of new players the only thing we can do is change the coach. Mo isn't going anywhere and even if he did I can't see a new man running the show being able to bring in quality players.

It all points to a change in direction off the pitch in the coaching department IMO.

Now I think what I have written above is a reasonable appreciation of the situation and it happens to be my opinion, so it really does get me mad when people bang on about loyalty and so on.

Dave