2011 Fixtures

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
onedego

Re: 2011 Fixtures

Post by onedego »

Whoever is responsible for the friday night thing, wants shooting.

The majority of people have jobs, and a fair few travel from afar to watch the games. Now, i'm no expert, but i'm pretty sure that the average person doesn't have spare days holiday laying around to make the journey from Edinburgh for example, to the DW stadium to watch Wigan play.

In my situation, I finish work in Bolton at 5pm if i'm lucky, so that gives me enough time to get home, have a very quick bite to eat, change, and get out again, get to DW, and join a crowd of people at South Stand, waiting to get in. I've no chance on public transport from Abram, as the 360 doesnt pass that often, which leaves me no option but to drive. So i can't have a pint while i enjoy the game, but i've got to spend the extra money paying for parking.

AND, if i want to see any away games, it seems that most of them i'll have to go to. Can't get away with watching on Sky.

So all in all, i end up forking out more to watch than before... Not the mention all the extra tax the government will get out of my fuel when the extra 1.5% goes on... Thatcher's Britain!

Oh, incidentially, those buying season tickets as a christmas present because of the Elite Membership's "Boxed Welcome pack making it an ideal gift" will be disapointed to know Season tickets haven't even been printed yet, and wont be sent out until after christmas.

Let's look at the benefits you could've taken advantage of for christmas:
50% discount on tickets for the Magic Fixture
10% off a 2011 home shirt at Warriors World

If you paid £30 to upgrade you're missing out on:
2 months of 10% discount on all purchases at Warriors World (presumably this was meant to run 1st Nov 2010 - 1st Nov 2011)
A Boxed Welcome Pack, making it an ideal gift

Why am i annoyed at this? Because my folks forked out £603 on me, my wife & my brother to have 2011 season tickets for christmas... and on christmas day we'll be opening... An empty envelope!

We're the best team in the superleague on the pitch... shame we can't get our bloody act together elsewhere.

CORRECT ORDER:
Fixtures
Season Tickets
Shirt
Christmas

otherwise you cock up people's christmas plans... like so!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

cpwigan wrote:Montpellier interest me as much because of the date which is my birthday. Anybody much experience of the City?
CP,
No one else replied to you yet so I will. At long last a place I would visit for a match. I have never been tempted to go to Perpignan which I visited for the first and last time about 1997 as to my mind it is a dump and I have never wished to go back there,
Montpellier is totally different, a city (smallish) which is modern and appealing, large university centre so lots of attractions in the way of eating and drinking but then so do most places in la belle France. One of the posters remarks on cheap flights from Leeds Bradford but only on a wednesday. Ideal I would suggest if you wish to hire a car or if not travel by train to Avignon (sur le pont d') bridge and Popes Palace, 57 miles, Nimes (where I had once had to beat Mrs B in public when she cried out 'Come on you Bulls' in the bull ring there) and its Roman ruins, 32 miles and near of course to Pont du Gard, Arles only 48 miles with all its connections to Van Gogh and a little bit further away Aix en Provence 94 miles. Go and enjoy an inspiring bit of France and of course only some 4 and a bit hours away from Arcachon (331 miles)
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

ian.birchall wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Montpellier interest me as much because of the date which is my birthday. Anybody much experience of the City?
CP,
No one else replied to you yet so I will. At long last a place I would visit for a match. I have never been tempted to go to Perpignan which I visited for the first and last time about 1997 as to my mind it is a dump and I have never wished to go back there,
Montpellier is totally different, a city (smallish) which is modern and appealing, large university centre so lots of attractions in the way of eating and drinking but then so do most places in la belle France. One of the posters remarks on cheap flights from Leeds Bradford but only on a wednesday. Ideal I would suggest if you wish to hire a car or if not travel by train to Avignon (sur le pont d') bridge and Popes Palace, 57 miles, Nimes (where I had once had to beat Mrs B in public when she cried out 'Come on you Bulls' in the bull ring there) and its Roman ruins, 32 miles and near of course to Pont du Gard, Arles only 48 miles with all its connections to Van Gogh and a little bit further away Aix en Provence 94 miles. Go and enjoy an inspiring bit of France and of course only some 4 and a bit hours away from Arcachon (331 miles)
PS, try the official website, www ot.montpellier.fr
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

onedego wrote:Whoever is responsible for the friday night thing, wants shooting.
Its been Friday's for years now. Your always going to upset some people no matter what day you have the matches on.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Mike wrote:
onedego wrote:Whoever is responsible for the friday night thing, wants shooting.
Its been Friday's for years now. Your always going to upset some people no matter what day you have the matches on.
I quite like the Friday night games. Since all my local pubs shut down, its the only night I bother with a pint. Plus, when we batter a Yorkshire or Hull side, I get the pleasure of gloating at their long miserable journey home! :lol:
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

after the last couple oy years and our legendary trips by minibus I would recommend anyone to visit france and try to see more of it than a few streets near a stadium.

We have had a great time exploring and finding our way round.

Check out
www.directeta.com
for this years road trip.

we've gone posh and are doing it by coach!
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Ooooooooo: You don't want to go to France.

ONLY MEEEE! :lol: