Owen Farrell

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
doc

Owen Farrell

Post by doc »

Made his Guiness Premiership debut live on ESPN on Sunday playing stand-off for Sarries in their win against Bath. He was by far the best back on the pitch and made a lovely little break with a "show and go" reminiscent of his dad. The commentators seemed as enamoured by his performance as they were of Ashton's and made plenty of references to his League upbringing (personally I think he lacks a bit of pace for stand-off but would make a great loose forward in league). Faz looked proud as Punch as they gave a father and son post-match interview. Another sad loss to the game!
Sutty

Re: Owen Farrell

Post by Sutty »

I didn't watch the match to the end, I only saw the first half and a bit of the second.
He seemed to take a little while to settle in to the game, but once he "found his feet" so to speak, he looked very good. That show and go in the first half was outstanding. Lot's of shots of Faz snr. on the touchline, I wish I'd seen the post match interview. I'll look on youtube for it.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Have to see if I can watch it

Great loss
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He played very well in such a pivotal position. Excellent kicking game, went to the line, nice show and go dummy. Passing was slightly hit and miss. Good short passes.
doc

Post by doc »

MOM vs Quins today!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Was it televised Doc?
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

cpwigan wrote:Was it televised Doc?
yes its being repeated on ESPN now I believe.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Cheers Gaz
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

no probs mate
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Good article about father and son today in Rugby Leagues greatest champion tabloid, the Daily Tory!

I will never give up on seeing him in a Wigan shirt. Family connection, dad, grandad, uncle, great uncle. Whether he likes it or not, his history is predestined!