Warriors cold weather training in Scotland

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Warriors cold weather training in Scotland

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Wigan Warriors will be doing some cold weather training next week as Michael Maguire and his backroom staff and the first team squad head North of the border for three days of pre-season training.

The venue is being kept underwraps as is what the players will face but the squad will spend time in Scotland and if the cold snap continues seem certain to come up against snow and freezing temperatures and possibly one or two blocked roads.

Speaking about the trip Michael Maguire told us,

"I not quite sure what the weather will be like next week, the last time I looked it was minus 18 degrees, it's some time where we can do some group bonding, some hard work and enjoy each others company."

Warrior speak for "We are going up north to dig out snow from Trotski's driveway" .
2002 and EW is hooked
jobo

Re: Warriors cold weather training in Scotland

Post by jobo »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:Wigan Warriors will be doing some cold weather training next week as Michael Maguire and his backroom staff and the first team squad head North of the border for three days of pre-season training.

The venue is being kept underwraps as is what the players will face but the squad will spend time in Scotland and if the cold snap continues seem certain to come up against snow and freezing temperatures and possibly one or two blocked roads.

Speaking about the trip Michael Maguire told us,

"I not quite sure what the weather will be like next week, the last time I looked it was minus 18 degrees, it's some time where we can do some group bonding, some hard work and enjoy each others company."

Warrior speak for "We are going up north to dig out snow from Trotski's driveway" .
How deep has the snow been EW?
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Had about 2 feet of snow in Edinburgh.
At work in Harthill at present (Quarry mid-way between Edinburgh and Glasgow)clearing snow at present and there is over 3 feet here in some places, melting fast today.
Watch out for flood warnings coming soon. :D :lol: :D
2002 and EW is hooked
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

With the motorway blocked it took me 2 hours to go eight miles here in Longridge. Three feet in some bits of the back garden.
http://jimbo123p.multiply.com/photos/al ... ies_read=5

That was before the lot arrived this week so add another foot,
Jim
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

highland convert wrote:With the motorway blocked it took me 2 hours to go eight miles here in Longridge. Three feet in some bits of the back garden.
http://jimbo123p.multiply.com/photos/al ... ies_read=5

That was before the lot arrived this week so add another foot,
Jim
Thaw well under way now Jim. Almost tropical @ 5c.

The players will be White water rafting down the M8 Glasgow to Edinburgh . :D :D
2002 and EW is hooked
jobo

Post by jobo »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:Had about 2 feet of snow in Edinburgh.
At work in Harthill at present (Quarry mid-way between Edinburgh and Glasgow)clearing snow at present and there is over 3 feet here in some places, melting fast today.
So my mate in Glenrothes isn't telling porkys when he says the snow is 4ft high where he's had to shovel off his drive.

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

jobo wrote:
So my mate in Glenrothes isn't telling porkys when he says the snow is 4ft high where he's had to shovel off his drive.
He probably is telling porkies. In Glenrothes it might be over 5 feet deep .
2002 and EW is hooked
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:
jobo wrote:
He probably is telling porkies. In Glenrothes it might be over 5 feet deep .
:lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Much more sensible plan than doing warm-weather training. I never did understand that idea, with the season starting in February.
Wigan through and through

Post by Wigan through and through »

Rather them than me lol