Shock of the year in Wakefield...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Shock of the year in Wakefield...

Post by ancientnloyal »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 287711.stm

anyone guess whats up in Wakefield from the title?

Stadium plans have faultered yet again:

Despite Wakefield Council granting the the proposed development planning consent, part of the land is owned by Leeds City Council - which has received objections from residents...

Ah well
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Re: Shock of the year in Wakefield...

Post by Kittwazzer »

Anyone know the state of play with Stains new gaff? All seems to have gone a tad quiet!
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

I work with a few Saints fans apparently they have built the access roads to the site but have not started clearing it properly.

I think they will play at least one game at Widnes in the 2012 season but my work mate seems to think stadiums go up in a few months. Also Stadiums have to have test event to get their Health and Saftey certificate before they will let the stadium run at fully capacity.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Saints' stadium will be in the mould of Leigh and the HJ... quick and easy to put up taking a few months at most. The Reebok took a hell of a long time because someone actually spent time on the unique design and effort on incorporating different events the stadium can have... i doubt the saints ground will be used for anything other than reserve football matches (leigh = blackburn rovers, warrington = liverpool).

Huddersfield took a while and they built three stands didnt they... McAlpine iirc also did the Reebok.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

ancientnloyal wrote:Saints' stadium will be in the mould of Leigh and the HJ... quick and easy to put up taking a few months at most. The Reebok took a hell of a long time because someone actually spent time on the unique design and effort on incorporating different events the stadium can have... i doubt the saints ground will be used for anything other than reserve football matches (leigh = blackburn rovers, warrington = liverpool).

Huddersfield took a while and they built three stands didnt they... McAlpine iirc also did the Reebok.
They did. Both stadiums Reebok and Galpharm also had the same main architect/consultant in Lobb Sports, I think.