Heinz

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Kittwazzer

Re: Heinz

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:Quite interesting how our new found members went scuttling when asked some difficult questions.
Can't see em getting much sympathy from locals. For every Heinz employee, there must be at least 2 around here who were denied a ticket on the gravy train!
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i work at heinzs and even though im a temp i have mixed feelings on strike. i fear of losing my job after christmas due to warehouse part losing jobs which means about 20 (maybe more) heinz employees will going in manufacturing departments which i currently work in but that is nothing do with strike but it could eventually damage my and other temps future there. people like me whos never had a day off and only been late once in 2 years ive been there will lose jobs.
i think they are right to strike because the company is breaking records and not treating workers right. like someone said its not just the pay rise its other things like bonuses which work out altogeather at 3.3 which is nothing considering its such a huge company.
heinz will never move anymore jobs out to other countrys. ive heard a very good rumour that we are creating more jobs but theres that many rumours there i really do not know what believe.
IN WANE WE TRUST
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Eccy why do you not think Heinz will move production elsewhere. Plenty stuff coming into the staff shop now coes from abroad, even beans. Once upon a time, all the tin for Heinz tins came from the UK. Not IIRC it all comes from China.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

I just don't think they will. They already said months ago there investing in the plant as they are impressed with site but wheather that changes now with the strike its anybodys guess. We can all assume this and that but we can only wait and see what happens.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

eccywarrior wrote:i work at heinzs and even though im a temp i have mixed feelings on strike. i fear of losing my job after christmas due to warehouse part losing jobs which means about 20 (maybe more) heinz employees will going in manufacturing departments which i currently work in but that is nothing do with strike but it could eventually damage my and other temps future there. people like me whos never had a day off and only been late once in 2 years ive been there will lose jobs.
i think they are right to strike because the company is breaking records and not treating workers right. like someone said its not just the pay rise its other things like bonuses which work out altogeather at 3.3 which is nothing considering its such a huge company.
heinz will never move anymore jobs out to other countrys. ive heard a very good rumour that we are creating more jobs but theres that many rumours there i really do not know what believe.
The part in bold is quite staggering. People are taking pay cuts just to keep their jobs
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I had 2.5% pay rise in April. I hadn't had anything at all for the previous two years. Although I'd rather have a nice pay rise every year, I'm just thankful that I've got a (good) job and that the company looks after us.

Maybe the people who go on strike could be sacked for breach of contract and their jobs given to people who may be a bit more appreciative of the job and salary that they earn.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Meeting today with a vote for further strike action
pedro

Post by pedro »

Fujiman wrote:
eccywarrior wrote:i work at heinzs and even though im a temp i have mixed feelings on strike. i fear of losing my job after christmas due to warehouse part losing jobs which means about 20 (maybe more) heinz employees will going in manufacturing departments which i currently work in but that is nothing do with strike but it could eventually damage my and other temps future there. people like me whos never had a day off and only been late once in 2 years ive been there will lose jobs.
The part in bold is quite staggering. People are taking pay cuts just to keep their jobs
I work at Tesco and the staff there only got 2% this year, 3.3 is massive compared to inflation. Think they need to get their heads out of the clouds
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

pedro wrote:
Fujiman wrote:
I work at Tesco and the staff there only got 2% this year, 3.3 is massive compared to inflation. Think they need to get their heads out of the clouds
or out their arse
doc

Post by doc »

3.3% is less than current RPI.

The argument should not be made on the size of the company but on how well it is performing, which in Heinz case is quite well.

While I appreciate that when a company is in dire straits financially it may be necessary to lay people off, not give pay rises and in some cases ask staff to work fewer hours/take a pay cut, too many employers have used the recession as an excuse to hold down wages and to lay off staff they have issues with.

In some instances companies have made redundancies in this country while spending fortunes investing in the east in low wage economies.

I think in the Heinz case the union has to consider carefully the balance of wage demands for their members vs the possibility of moving production overseas.