gareth hock

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: gareth hock

Post by cpwigan »

A frightening thought Hock could become an even better player under Madge / Waney.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Imagine though a Gaz Hock fitter / fresher / stronger after a few U20 games suddenly hitting the last 1/3 of the SL season. What a boost to any team.
CP he could come back the fittest/freshest/strongest player on the planet, it still don't change the fact that he is proper numb in the head and will probably still give away as many penalties, dropped ball and passes to fresh air as usual
The "passes to fresh air" are far more likely to end up as brilliant off loads now we have a side that understands the importance of following up a break, instead of standing around, hands on hips, as we did under Noble.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Has anyone seen Gaz Hock lately? I still think his return is just speculation at the min
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

People see him every day. He is in fine condition and whatsmore he is educating himself and developing a skill (plumbing) for a post RL career. Why do you think it is speculation?
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

It may turn out to not be speculation, but as I understand it there has never been anything said regarding Gareth's return to the club. We are still awaiting the official club statement on the incident that was meant to come out. I know nothing can be made official until the ban is up, but at no time has anyone even said he is coming back, this is why i think at the min its just speculation I hope I am wrong and Gaz does make his comeback
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

cumbria_warrior wrote:It may turn out to not be speculation, but as I understand it there has never been anything said regarding Gareth's return to the club. We are still awaiting the official club statement on the incident that was meant to come out. I know nothing can be made official until the ban is up, but at no time has anyone even said he is coming back, this is why i think at the min its just speculation I hope I am wrong and Gaz does make his comeback
IIRC statements have been made regarding his return post ban. Whilst still serving the ban Wigan or any club cannot make any formal / legalistic statements.

It is amazing what goes on 'unofficially' though. Hock was offered deals by several clubs both in the UK and the NRL.
cook123

Post by cook123 »

Wigan/Lenegan have commented regarding gaz hock and said would be interested once his ban his up to do a deal - also gaz hoxk himself has said will onlt play for wigan as they have supported him through his ban.

He will come back and will be awesome for us once his ban his up and will replace hoffman after his 12 months as both are left sided second rowers.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Can't wait wear my Hock shirt at the DW again. World Class.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

will love to see how many turn up for his first reserve match upon his return and the hype around his 1st match in the first team will give us a boost where ever we are in the table come June/July
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

THE 18th Man wrote:will love to see how many turn up for his first reserve match upon his return and the hype around his 1st match in the first team will give us a boost where ever we are in the table come June/July
I know Gaz loves animals and is a volunteer at Athrton guide dogs walkers... so he should be fired up for the Wolves away back end of the year... big hit on our favourite dog enterer.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame