can anyone help?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Stormfan

Re: can anyone help?

Post by Stormfan »

Thanks for the info. it is a shame if the players don`t get to the social Club. Storm players always mingle with their supporters in the social Club after the game.
doc

Post by doc »

Huddersfield to Wigan and back requires change at Manchester Victoria. I think you will struggle to do the return journey for an 8pm kick off. Better off driving or, if getting train, stay in Wigan overnight.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

doc wrote:Huddersfield to Wigan and back requires change at Manchester Victoria. I think you will struggle to do the return journey for an 8pm kick off. Better off driving or, if getting train, stay in Wigan overnight.
How pathetic must that comment make this country seem to an Aussie! Huddersfield is less than 40 miles and yet an evening function might require an overnight stay. I bet the average Aussie drives further to do his shopping!

And we wonder why we didn't get the World Cup! :o
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

I think Doc was being helpful. We are used to driving long distances. My hubby and I had a day off so we went for a drive. It was only a 340 klm round trip. Left at 9am and returned home by 6pm. Had to stop off for lunch.
doc

Post by doc »

Used to live in Huddersfield and would meet up with mates in Manchester for a beer. I seem to recall the last train being before 11 pm. Bearing in mind that you would have to get back to Wallgate after match and hope that a train could get you back to Manchester in time to make your connection I really think it would be a struggle.

I know that out public transport sounds poor but that's what we are stuck with thanks to privatisation. Whenever I go to a gig/theatre in Manchester I always get worried about making the 23:20 train back to Wigan if the show runs late as £60 for a taxi is a bit steep.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

I think we will drive to Wigan. I just don`t want to rush away from the after match social bit. If we get back to Huddersfield late well it doesn`t matter as we are on holiday.Thanks Doc for your info. :)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Stormfan wrote:I think we will drive to Wigan. I just don`t want to rush away from the after match social bit. If we get back to Huddersfield late well it doesn`t matter as we are on holiday.Thanks Doc for your info. :)
Let me know when you are coming & I will arrange for the club to give you permits for the south stand bar, before & after the game :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

How pathetic must that comment make this country seem to an Aussie! Huddersfield is less than 40 miles and yet an evening function might require an overnight stay. I bet the average Aussie drives further to do his shopping!

And we wonder why we didn't get the World Cup! :o
Not quite :lol:

And driving even in heavy traffic in OZ is totally different to driving around or too n from Lancs or Yorkshire :wink:
I drive for a living around Melbourne & it's stress free compared with what you people put up with.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields