ever met anyone famous

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
mickh

Re: ever met anyone famous

Post by mickh »

Sat at the side of Billy Boston and his wife at Wembley once, either a Widnes one or the Leeds one, anyway my brother queued up for 5 hours for tickets for that particular final and I got the one at the side of King Bill, brother wasn't best pleased, I believe Billy's wife fell after the match whilst leaving, breaking a bone or something
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I have 'met' people at work but not socially or anything... thought about this since the thread started and I can't think of an instance other than work or simply seeing someone famous in the street, that I have met anyone. Unless you count Nobby's Girl.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

ancientnloyal wrote:I have 'met' people at work but not socially or anything... thought about this since the thread started and I can't think of an instance other than work or simply seeing someone famous in the street, that I have met anyone. Unless you count Nobby's Girl.
Nice try but Gem isnt famous enough yet :lol:
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

medlocke wrote:the guy that played Joe Sugden on Emmerdale
Gary Wilmott
Gareth Hunt
Steve Renouf
Had a piss next to Andy Gregory once
Merv Hughes
Rob Halford
Hairy Bikers
Norman Nicholson
Dave Murray
Bruce Dickinson
Scott Ian
King Diamond
Went to lloret with the leigh fans a few years back and Andy Greg was the 'co ordinator' when we went to barcelona for a drink. He kept reminding us that the coach left at 22.30 and that if we werent there then we would get left behind. Needless to say he missed the coach after a few too many drinks and had to get a taxi back which cost him an arm and a leg ha ha. Was a lot funnier at the time but just thought i would share.

When it comes to rugby players some of the nicest people i have met have had some of the worst reputations - Jim Mills, Bobbie Goulding (really nice person). Also met Hanley (when he played at Leeds - Thanks to my uncle Doug Laughton).
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

By her previous marriage my Mrs is auntie to James Threapleton who was married to Kate Winslett.
She was invited to the wedding, with bangers and mash reception in Reading, and sat talking to Kate and her friend Emma Thompson.
Until her divorce with James, Kate regularly sent presents (freebies) like Burbery perfume etc to Janices girls.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

Alot of footballer's joe jordan,mark hughes, ian rush,norman whiteside (played against him)tony adams (class bloke), micky thomas(like a beer or six) to name a few. the stranglers, meat loaf, patti russo(beautiful,and i snogged her)julio iglesias, barry hearn, all the stiff little fingers , john inman , joey dunlop, barry sheene ,geoff duke,mick doohan,billy boston(gentleman) and mike binder
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

now you mention football i took a piss next to gerry francis last year when i went watching bolton v spurs (freebie box/meal)... he didn't splash me though
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ancientnloyal wrote:now you mention football i took a piss next to gerry francis last year when i went watching bolton v spurs (freebie box/meal)... he didn't splash me though
Poor fella was sat trying to watch the game at the time! :o :lol:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

gpartin, who got a tweet mentioned in Time Magazine in November :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

josie andrews wrote:gpartin, who got a tweet mentioned in Time Magazine in November :roll:
haha, I'll have you know its the world's largest weekly magazine with a global audience of 25 million :)
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."