cant name names

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
The Hoff

Re: cant name names

Post by The Hoff »

High Profile, not playing this weekend, previous record of trouble. Could it be a certain Mr G?
irishwarrior

Post by irishwarrior »

well i hear no rumours over here so if someone would like to pm me it much appreciated.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

irishwarrior wrote:well i hear no rumours over here so if someone would like to pm me it much appreciated.
That is all it is a rumour no names have been put forward! Useless thread if you ask me.
The thread has been started and other members are just speculating as to who it could be, if anyone!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
irishwarrior wrote:well i hear no rumours over here so if someone would like to pm me it much appreciated.
That is all it is a rumour no names have been put forward! Useless thread if you ask me.
The thread has been started and other members are just speculating as to who it could be, if anyone!
And noone has said what,if anything, has happened!

Schadenfreude should have no place on a fans forum!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The rumour if true will be very bad news for the person concerned.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Keep the thread going long enough for something to happen then the originator shouts "I told you so."
Pointeless,
Jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

highland convert wrote:Keep the thread going long enough for something to happen then the originator shouts "I told you so."
Pointeless,
Jim
Bit like your post :wink:
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

cpwigan wrote:The rumour if true will be very bad news for the person concerned.
It was CP. Mind you it is second to your one.

It does not say if you know the rumour. Bit like " if I bump my nose it will hurt." :)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:roll: The rumour is fairly well known by many people living in Wigan. A person may have / may have not got himself and his family involved with some incredibly dangerous gangsters from Liverpool. The type that kill people. Blackmail / threats (promises) involved.

There is more to it and another rumour linked to the same person. The thread creator meant no harm by creating the thread and did not deserve the criticism he received. Given many people know what he is referring to it renders your post pointless Jim. At least it was polite though. Two idiots elsewhere (Cruncher / Grimmy (2nd only to Brett Kenny in stupidity as a poster) were far more OTT.

This website has a rumours sections. Other Wigan websites have permanent rumour threads. Nobody forces anybody to read anything. The individual chooses what they read or do not read.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

cpwigan wrote: :roll: The rumour is fairly well known by many people living in Wigan. A person may have / may have not got himself and his family involved with some incredibly dangerous gangsters from Liverpool. The type that kill people. Blackmail / threats (promises) involved.

There is more to it and another rumour linked to the same person.
I admire your method for defusing a rumour that "is too dangerous to post". Reiterate the rumour, only with extra detail.