Wish FM Brings SL Back To The Airwaves

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Wish FM Brings SL Back To The Airwaves

Post by josie andrews »

102.4 Wish FM are delighted to announce the return of live rugby league commentary for the forthcoming Engage Super League 16 tournament.

Kicking off with the mouth-watering derby at Millennium Magic on Saturday 12 February 7pm, 102.4 Wish FM will be delivering exclusive commercial coverage of both Wigan Warriors and St Helens matches throughout Super League 16.

Alongside the commentary, 102.4 Wish FM will be launching a brand new weekly rugby league magazine show called "Gerr'um On Side!" This new Friday night show will be the perfect listen for every rugby fan in the area with interviews, quizzes, and plenty of match-night banter.

Craig Beck, Programme Director, said: "Rugby League is such an exciting sport and an integral part of every day life in our area. We're thrilled to have commentary back on the radio station and can't wait for the new season to kick off."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
neilbass

Re: Wish FM Brings SL Back To The Airwaves

Post by neilbass »

Not before time - glad to hear this. Wish FM should have done this ages ago - not sure abouts the Saints coverage though ;-)
cook123

Post by cook123 »

i wouldn't of bothered myself this radio station is so anti wigan rugby i refuse to listen to it at all, they used to have full coverage of latics games and updates on rugby every 15 mins its a joke.
jobo

Post by jobo »

cook123 wrote:i wouldn't of bothered myself this radio station is so anti wigan rugby i refuse to listen to it at all, they used to have full coverage of latics games and updates on rugby every 15 mins its a joke.
Fair point this.

Wonder if WISH is still owned by Dave Whelan?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

jobo wrote:
cook123 wrote:i wouldn't of bothered myself this radio station is so anti wigan rugby i refuse to listen to it at all, they used to have full coverage of latics games and updates on rugby every 15 mins its a joke.
Fair point this.

Wonder if WISH is still owned by Dave Whelan?
Not sure he does.

It is a very poor, non-original, cloned station that, despite having different presenters, plays exactly the same music at virtually the exact same time as its other regional counterparts: Tower FM (Bolton) and Wire FM.

I have removed it from my tuning and wont be retuning for the prospect as someone else earlier mentioned a bit of "Warrior Bashing".

I still remember the day John Monie lost his job at the Warriors, and the "big" sports story of the day for the station was Latics attempting to get someone on loan (the station didn't even mention the Warriors :eh:). Had to rely on GMR as was for any RL news
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!