Wane Gives Glimpse of the Future

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Wane Gives Glimpse of the Future

Post by Kittwazzer »

tom g wrote:Yeah Jamie Acton was at Quins in the past. He used to play in the same team as my housemate at uni. From what I have been told he is a big strong lad who runs hard and is very physical. Will be interseting to see how him and the other young lads get on.
Tom. That is what I would class as a 'loaded comment'! Would you care to elaborate??
tom g

Post by tom g »

Not a "loaded comment" at all. Simply meant it will be interesting to see how our academy products get on against Barrow, a team who have a good record in the Championship in recent years. Glad to hear that by all accounts they did very well! I struggle to see how that could be misconstrued or interpreted in any other way to be honest.
tom g

Post by tom g »

And by "interesting" all that is meant is that they are facing opposition of a higher standard than they usually do so I am sure that it would have been a bigger challenge for them. One which will have proven how the lads are getting on with their development at the club and demonstrate the strength of junior talent we have.
josie andrews

Wane On Barrow Win

Post by josie andrews »

A young Warriors side ran out narrow winners against Barrow in a pre-season hit out at Craven Park on Sunday.

The Warriors side, made up of mainly 20's players raced into a 6-32 lead before Barrow hit back to finish within eight points of the Cherry and Whites score.

Speaking afterwards Coach Shaun Wane, who took charge for the game told us

"There was some really positive stuff in the first half, second half we weren't as good and we know we need to improve on that, it will be a tough week for the young lads.I think we fell away a bit after the break.

"Our defence in the second half was a little bit worrying but it is fixable. We showed in the first half we have some really good talent, we need to make sure it is an 80 minute game.

"There were a few good performances from Ryan King on the wing and Matty Russell at full back, a few of the young lads showed up for us today."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

tom g wrote:Not a "loaded comment" at all. Simply meant it will be interesting to see how our academy products get on against Barrow, a team who have a good record in the Championship in recent years. Glad to hear that by all accounts they did very well! I struggle to see how that could be misconstrued or interpreted in any other way to be honest.
i know what KW meant but it was a bit of a struggle ie I had to read your last sentence in a funny voice to make it sound how he read it rather than how you wrote it. Just goes to show how something perfectly innocent can mean something totally different.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."