Gareth Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gpartin

Re: Gareth Hock

Post by gpartin »

since when is it offensive to call someone a fascist, perhaps I should have put a massive smily behind it for the benefit of those who've had very sheltered lives and can't take a joke. Frankly I've seen Medlocke play his being offended card before when someone disagrees with him and I've got more important things going on to actually give a toss. And whoever deleted it you're a FASCIST (FIGURE OF SPEECH/JOKE NOT REALLY SAYING YOU'RE A FOLLOWER OF FASCISM OR HAVE ANY OTHER RIGHT WING POLITICAL ALLEGIANCE) too. :roll: :lol: :D :roll: :) :D
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

PS the comment was aimed at people who want to hang Hock out to dry, since Medlocke took the fascist comment literally and got offended by it I'll assume he missed the fact that the phrase 'hang him out to dry' is also a figure of speech and literally does want to hang him out to dry or he wouldn't have been offended. Funny how some people understand when a phrase shouldn't be taken literally when it suits them isn't it.

Mamma mamma.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think bottom line is if he can provide real benifit to the team he should be allowed to come back, he has served his time.

I agree with some of what medlock says in the sense that others may be more deserving but since when does that mean jack squat in sport.

Mike Tyson, George Best, Ronnie O'Sullivan all questionable antics away from their sports but they were naturally gifted and yes its a shame to see a gift wasted but Gaz from all account has learned his lesson and paid his debt in essence he's a new player that will either make the grade or not.

I dont mean to belittle what he did but he didnt rape or attack or murder anyone, he took a bit of stuff his mates will have been doing and while he should of had the nouse to say no he didnt.

I know Medlock your a fan of heavy rock aren't you, would you ban great bands such as guns n roses, aerosmith, motorhead, thin lizzy etc simply cos they did drugs? where do you draw the line, ive been a singer all my life and not done drugs so should i get a record deal over them because of that fact?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

BANNED Wigan forward Gareth Hock, 27, is free to play from March 20 and could face brother-in-law Kevin Brown at Huddersfield.
Giants' Brown, 26, has been married to Hock's sister Kirsty for the two years he has been banned for taking cocaine.

Said Brown: "His return could be against us. Knowing Kirsty she'll tell him to whack me!"
Is this just poor reporting from the sun or is this right he's free to play from march?[/quote]
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

When his ban is over, Hock will have served the 'time for his crime'.

He didn't cheat. He didn't go out to hurt anyone (other than himself), and the punishment for what he did was for him to lose a crucial part of his career.

When the ban is over, he starts again with a clean sheet as far as I'm concerned. Yes, he will have to prove to Madge that he's good enough to get in the squad/side and that he isn't going to do anything stupid again. That's for Madge and the others at the club to decide.

We have others in the side who certainly aren't angels (Gleeson is one obvious example), and we'd all rather they were perfectly behaved and upstanding members of the community away from the club - but that's obviously not the case. On the pitch though, the players get the fans support - and I'm sure that will be the same for Hock. I'll definitely be cheering him on.

There are far worse things rugby players have done, there's a list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_of ... ue_players

Will he be good enough to get a place in the side? I think he will, but if not, he simply won't play. If he is in the side, it will be on merit and the idea of getting a fit Hock in the side who has matured and is more focused on being the fantastic player he certainly is capable of being is something all Wigan fans should be salivating about.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
BANNED Wigan forward Gareth Hock, 27, is free to play from March 20 and could face brother-in-law Kevin Brown at Huddersfield.
Giants' Brown, 26, has been married to Hock's sister Kirsty for the two years he has been banned for taking cocaine.

Said Brown: "His return could be against us. Knowing Kirsty she'll tell him to whack me!"
Is this just poor reporting from the sun or is this right he's free to play from march?
[/quote]

IMO it is a complete fabrication by journalist who's job is on the line if he doesn't file some decent copy. March 20 is 2 days AFTER the Giants game. June 20th is 4 days before the Giants game at DW. I will show my arse in the SSB if he plays in that one! :lol:
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

The thing is who's place in the squad would Hock take?
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

cumbria_warrior wrote:The thing is who's place in the squad would Hock take?
Depends on so many thngs, not least injuries, but also players needing a rest, training attitude etc.
He won't just walk in, but he will already know that I guess.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09