I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
georgeorwell

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Post by georgeorwell »

Marketing manager of Super League to management committee. "As you are all aware we are totally committed to spreading the gospel of rugby league to all parts of the UK, with Wales being our best bet for adopting the game sometime in the future This being the case I believe we should have this years "Super League on the road" event at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. Now for my brilliant idea, I can barely contain my excitement, as I know you will love it! Wait for it! We will hold the event over a weekend when the other code are holding their six nations competition. Not only that, but a weekend when the Union loving Welsh will be in Edinburgh watching their national team play Scotland. Those not attending the game will no doubt be at home watching the game on television. So, we will have the whole of Cardiff and the millennium stadium to ourselves. Brilliant or what?"

Am I being overly cynical or is this yet another spectacular own goal from our inspired leaders?

If this issue has been raised before, then I apologise for wasting everyone's time.
Fujiman

Re: I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Post by Fujiman »

georgeorwell wrote:Marketing manager of Super League to management committee. "As you are all aware we are totally committed to spreading the gospel of rugby league to all parts of the UK, with Wales being our best bet for adopting the game sometime in the future This being the case I believe we should have this years "Super League on the road" event at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. Now for my brilliant idea, I can barely contain my excitement, as I know you will love it! Wait for it! We will hold the event over a weekend when the other code are holding their six nations competition. Not only that, but a weekend when the Union loving Welsh will be in Edinburgh watching their national team play Scotland. Those not attending the game will no doubt be at home watching the game on television. So, we will have the whole of Cardiff and the millennium stadium to ourselves. Brilliant or what?"

Am I being overly cynical or is this yet another spectacular own goal from our inspired leaders?

If this issue has been raised before, then I apologise for wasting everyone's time.
It has been raised and is getting quite boring in fact. I went and had a good time. Will i go again, not sure. Do i think its a good idea, prob not.