1st wigan game.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adrian

1st wigan game.

Post by adrian »

going to my 1st Wigan game next sunday against St George.i can not wait.is there plenty of parking spaces? i am coming from York and will be setting of about half four-5 o clock.surely i will get a space wont i.
jobo

Re: 1st wigan game.

Post by jobo »

You should easy get a parking space. The car parks are huge and there's plenty of free parking albeit a walk away from the ground. Just a thought, I'd consider leaving York a bit earlier if you can. I'd prefer to be 2 hours early than 5mns late.

Anyway the atmosphere will be fantastic, especially when we win.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

If you have SatNav, set it for WN5 9XX. This will put you at the top end of Montrose Avenue. Drive towards the bottom and park up where you see others doing the same and walk the rest of the way!
adrian

Post by adrian »

thank you.looks as though from Montrose Ave its just the other side of Robin Park Road.can not wait for the game, always wanted to see Wigan just bought ancient and loyal membership want to see a few games this season. juat i didnt want to go to Wigan my first time and get my car clamped etc. will make it all worthwile though when we win the WCC. :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Plenty parking. Take care if you ever decide (do not) on the neighbouring retail park car parks. They fine / clamp etc. Masses of official and unofficial car parking though.

Hope you enjoy yourself
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

View Larger Map

The triangular car park... Drive into Wigan, through Wigan Pier, obviously to the DW... go towards B&Q (expand map) and along 'stadium way'.
It's free, close and quick to get off (usually 5 minutes if you stay to the end and clap)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

Not a bad first game either, watch out though, You will get addicted.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The car park A & L shows is excellent but you have to get there early.
adrian

Post by adrian »

thank you lads. i cant wait for this game even more so that ST George has named a strong team. hopefully will be a good game and wigan win. ha i am addicted i have just bought tickets for the warrington and saints came aswell trying to get to a game at least once a month.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

glad you are coming over,but leave earlier,it's about 90+ miles .