Chris Ashton & The Dark Side

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wandering Warrior

Chris Ashton & The Dark Side

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Given that Chris Ashton went over to the dark side about four or five years ago, if he'd stayed in League would he be playing today I wonder?
Would have expected him to take the man on yesterday instead of throwing a silly pass when one on one if still in League! I wonder if that's been coached out as I'm not an expert on Rugby Onion!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Kittwazzer

Re: Chris Ashton & The Dark Side

Post by Kittwazzer »

Don't be silly WW. You don't go one on one in raaraa. You get all your mates to form a gang then stamp on someone's face when the ref isn't looking!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I tried to watch it yesterday, but fell asleep after 10 minutes.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Yes, it wasn't very enthralling, but it was on when I was enjoying a pint or two of Young's bitter in Bolton town centre!! :wink:
Anyway, what about an answer to my question, would he have made the grade? I personally don't think so, he wasn't as good as the player he replaced, Briscoe.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Yes, it wasn't very enthralling, but it was on when I was enjoying a pint or two of Young's bitter in Bolton town centre!! :wink:
Anyway, what about an answer to my question, would he have made the grade? I personally don't think so, he wasn't as good as the player he replaced, Briscoe.
He was still developing as a player at that time.However,we had a certain Mr Noble on the horizon who most certainly would have coached anything good out of him. Pesronally I myself have little time for those that have crossed codes.Briscoe had a safer pair of hands and read the game better than Ashton. But Ashton had speed to burn. And from what people have told me he still does! :D
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
GeoffN wrote:I tried to watch it yesterday, but fell asleep after 10 minutes.
Bulls v crusaders wasn't much better !
It was actually worse!!