Tahu

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sheepsteeth

Tahu

Post by sheepsteeth »

I saw reading the SMH he's out of contract and currently in discussions with Penrith.

1 year deal anyone?
exile in Tiger country

Re: Tahu

Post by exile in Tiger country »

sheepsteeth wrote:I saw reading the SMH he's out of contract and currently in discussions with Penrith.

1 year deal anyone?
Why?
Josh Charnley and Stefan Marsh are both good enough to the job
Both Young players.
Both come through the academy system.

Job done.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

not convinced by marsh his handling isn't the best.

charnley i think will be a class act, but not quite sure he's ready yet.

i just think tahu's experience could be good for a year until they're ready.

let's be honest tahu is top draw
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

He is, he's a monster, but I'd rather give both the lads a crack at centre in this team than hold them back for the sake of a one year deal.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

it's not really holding them back too much it is?

had gleeson not been gleeson they'd have been used sparingly anyway.

the same could be said of hoffmans deal he's only here for a year and we've a wealth of talent in the back row.

just so you know the hoff is awesome IMO
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'm happy to leave it all to Madge. If he thinks MG will leave too much of a gap, I'm sure him and Lenegan will be on the case.

When Hansen had his long injury last season, Faz grabbed his opportunity with both hands and look where he is now!
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Tahu would be a very poor signing imo. He is getting on now and he too has had a stack of problems over the last year.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Dobby wrote:Tahu would be a very poor signing imo. He is getting on now and he too has had a stack of problems over the last year.
In that case, let's not take in any more of other people's dirty washing!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Charnley and Marsh will only gain the experience needed by being given the chance to play. Remember the stagnation of the youngsters within the club under the Noble regime.Given Noble's way we would be playing an ageing team full of Aussie past sell by dates. Of course they are going to make mistakes. Even senior players make these.What would we need Tahu for really? another stop gap situation thus keeping the youngster champing at the bit and getting more and more frustrated at the lack of game time. How many more years does Tahu have in comparison to both Charnley and Marsh. Give the kids a chance they will give more than enough in return. :D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Totally agree. They would both walk into another SL team. Josh starred with Hull KR last year. Let's carry on doing our best to keep the talent we've got!