Has Gleason gone

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
exile in Tiger country

Re: Has Gleason gone

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I heard a suggestion on Sunday that he may be in a witness protection program, that's why the club are staying quiet.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

exile in Tiger country wrote:I heard a suggestion on Sunday that he may be in a witness protection program, that's why the club are staying quiet.
cpwigan wrote:Other than legal issues that need sorting, Gleeson has gone.

He is not in Australia either
I heard he had been seen at some darts tournament with Pat Richards :o
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

exile in Tiger country wrote:I heard a suggestion on Sunday that he may be in a witness protection program, that's why the club are staying quiet.
i also heard something similar, he is suppossedly being looked after by John Kruger
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He was sacked for turning up to training late and drunk (Madge breathalysed him). He was told to clear his things and sent on his way. It is the last of several indiscretions / warnings.

The lack of comment by Lenagan is why when it comes to PR Lindsay was top drawer and Lenagan is amateur.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

At least we know he's not now in his mothers shed. :exc:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

cpwigan wrote:The lack of comment by Lenagan is why when it comes to PR Lindsay was top drawer and Lenagan is amateur.
Is this the same Maurice Lindsay that announced to the world that we had signed Shane Varley, only for Leigh officials to meet him at the airport and sign him for themselves?

Ian Lenagan is playing everything by the book. As you say, there are legal issues that need sorting. Then, and only then will Lenagan comment. This is the way the club operates now.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
juanpablo

Post by juanpablo »

READ THE RULES
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

juanpablo wrote:cpwigan you are full of ...
:D Sorry Martin

The clangers were dropped by Glees long before the training ground incident and before you start spouting your nonsense if the fans knew what Glees said to Madge pre WCC and his attitude to the WCC then every Wigan fan would be kicking his backside out of Wigan let alone the club.

Lest we forget the infamous blackmail saga

Everything posted here HAPPENED no garbage just the truth. Imagine what a player Gleeson could have been but hey he didn't screw up at Saints did he? he didn't screw up at Wire did he? and now he didn't screw up screw up at Wigan did he?

Lenagan hates dealing with this nonsense and like anybody Gleeson will be getting people saying you can get X, Y and Z for wrongful dismissal blah blah. Guess what in every walk of life what you get is a fraction of what you are promised. Gleeson will get a fraction of what he wants, Lenagan will say nothing and even denying giving Gleeson a penny, Gleeson will move on and saw I got 000's from Wigan and the next mug club are paying me 6 figures. Gleeson will screw up again and embarass Joe Gleeson for the umpteenth time not that he even cares. If Gleeson remotely thinks he has the upper hand he is a bigger fool than everybody thinks. The skeletons in his wardrobe allow Lenagan if he so chooses to destroy him. Luckily, that is not option 1 with Lenagan. Lindsay / Whelan would have gone for the jugular.

A wasted talent who achieved a fraction of his potential and could not care less = Martin Gleeson Unprofessional players like Martin Gleeson are why this country plays second fiddle to Australia.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Shaun1967 wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The lack of comment by Lenagan is why when it comes to PR Lindsay was top drawer and Lenagan is amateur.
Is this the same Maurice Lindsay that announced to the world that we had signed Shane Varley, only for Leigh officials to meet him at the airport and sign him for themselves?

Ian Lenagan is playing everything by the book. As you say, there are legal issues that need sorting. Then, and only then will Lenagan comment. This is the way the club operates now.
He (Lenagan) won't comment at any point Shaun and we will have to agree to disagree but Lindsay was a better PR man. In this era Lenagan is a better owner than Lindsay whereas in his era Lindsay achieved things that Lenagan never would. Both have strengths and weaknesses.
juanpablo

Post by juanpablo »

In response to your post its no, no & no, Madge has dropped a clanger in all this hense no comment from Wigan. Get your facts straight before posting lies time & time again, surely you have some better to do with your life other than spreding rumours about other peoples lives!!! My first post was deleted as it was a little to offensive but I dont believe it should have been as your made you rumours stay yet my abuse goes!!!