Team ideas VS Hudds'

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Team ideas VS Hudds'

Post by butt monkey »

Brad5926 wrote:I just hope to see a hooker or HB of some form on the bench as so far this season having a bench packed with props and second rowers doesnt seem to be doing any good for us
I agree with that. Whilst injuries cannot be predicted, the lack of apparent versatility for those on the bench gives few options (and I'm not a fan of playing Lockers at stand off for a full 80 minutes if we have players capable of playing in that position in the reserves)
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mellor Set To Return To Wigan

With the current plight of injuries and suspensions Wigan seem certain to recall half back Joe Mellor back to the Club this week.

Both Mellor and Karl Pryce are currently on loan at Super League rivals Harlequins with both initial first month deals are due to expire later this week. Pryce's loan is set to be extended with immediate effect but Mellors extension could be put on hold and he could well figure in the Warriors 19 man squad for this Friday's trip to Huddersfield Giants.

Mellor has yet to figure in the Wigan first team but made his Super League debut for Harlequins off the bench at St Helens last Friday night in a 27-16 success. The 20 year old has been really unfortunate with a serious knee ligament injury which ruled him out for most of the 2010 season but did figure in the Warriors 20's Valvoline Cup Final win over St Helens at the end of last season.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wes

Post by Wes »

1 Roberts
2 Goulding
3 Marsh
4 Carmont
5 Charnley
6 Mellor
7 Leuluai
8 Coley
9 McIlorum
10 Lima
11 Hansen
12 Hoffmann
13 Lockers
14 Prescott
15 Mossop
16 Tuson
17 Farrell
18 Deacon
19 L Tomkins

AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

By all accounts the team is this -

AMOS
GOULDING
CHARNLEY
CARMONT
MARSH
LOCKERS
TOMMY
PRESCOTT
MCILORUM
COLEY
H
HOFF
FAZ

MOSSOP
LIMA
TUSON
FINCH - Possibly Crosby or Logan to step in if finch isn't 100% - I'd put Ben Davies in though instead of crosby or logan

I like the fact that charnley and marsh have swapped, makes us look much more solid defensively. Tommy needs to bring his grand final kicking game with him!

Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am really looking forward to seeing how we go with so many men missing away to probably the form team in the competition. We will be underdogs and that will be no bad thing.
Taking the absences in turn:
- in the forwards I am not sure we need to be too worried. Lima, Coley, Prescott and Mossop is a good set of props, and Faz, H, Hoffman and Tuson are clearly up to the job;
- in the 3/4s I have complete confidence in Charnley, though I am more nervous about Marsh. We beat them with Marsh and Pryce in the 3/4s last year, so should be ok;
- at 1, if Roberts plays we should be fine. He's not as good as Sam, but would get into any SL back line;
- which leaves the decision makers. I thought we were going to rest Deacon - in the cirumstances, he may have to wait another week for a chance to put his feet up. If Finch can play than he can rest (I thought I saw somewhere that he was nearly ready to play, but that might be wishful thinking). If neither Deacs nor Finch can play we will be in some difficulty as we will have no kickers and too few people to move us around the park.
Should be fascinating.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Lockers should stay in the pack he's wasted at stand off and we become too predictable. I would give Mellor a run - we need to see if he can play at this level and Huddersfield will be a tough test for him.

Mellor has the one attribute that teams hate - PACE.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards