Brett Finch

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Brett Finch

Post by ancientnloyal »

So how did it go? Crap! Why did we chuck him in a game against Warrington when we could have had Sam at 6, Roberts at fullback and an extra forward on the bench?

His passing was way off, communication was poor and is not used to our plays.

He will come good i am sure of that but a stupid idea putting him in against Warrington who are a machine at the minute.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
exile in Tiger country

Re: Brett Finch

Post by exile in Tiger country »

ancientnloyal wrote:So how did it go? Crap! Why did we chuck him in a game against Warrington when we could have had Sam at 6, Roberts at fullback and an extra forward on the bench?His passing was way off, communication was poor and is not used to our plays.

He will come good i am sure of that but a stupid idea putting him in against Warrington who are a machine at the minute.
So that would be Maguires fault then, not Finch's?
Personally I'd have stuck with Lockers at 6 tonight, defensively that would have helped out, I'm sure.
Pity young Faz was out injured, but a damn good job Joel wasn't there tonight.
Sam was bad enough.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I never said it was Finch's fault but yeh it would have been Maguire's call to do it. He wasn't ready to play the form team in SL for his debut. Missed tackles, communication errors, flat passing, dropped balls etc. Would have been safer to have Amos at FB and sam at 6.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
WIGAN_IS_MY_RELIGION

Post by WIGAN_IS_MY_RELIGION »

i agree with finch having a stinker, but so did all the wigan boys out their tonignt.. we need to learn how to hand on to that dam ball :angry:
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I was under the impression Finch was bought in not only for his passing game :blush: but also his kicking game but i cannot remember Finch having one kick :conf:
WIGAN_IS_MY_RELIGION

1 kick 1 try!
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Kicks in open play you plonker,turning wire around,finding touch out of defence etc
WIGAN_IS_MY_RELIGION

:eusa17: woops fair comment. yeahyour right he didnt tommy or sam did all the icking....oh and harrison :blush:
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I'll let you off.....carry on. :wink:
onedego

Post by onedego »

Tommy had a good game as far as kicking goes... Most looked good... hopefully that's him found his legs now!