"Disciplinary"

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
exile in Tiger country

"Disciplinary"

Post by exile in Tiger country »

the charge for punching Sam against Westwood from the RFL site:

Case Number ON/162/11
Name Ben Westwood
Club Warrington
Shirt Number 12
Match Wigan v Warrington
Competition Engage Super League
Date 25/03/11
Incident considered Punching in 43rd minute (S. Tomkins)
Decision Charge
Details of Charge / Reason for NF CAUTION. Law: 15.1(a) Detail: Trips, kicks or strikes another player - punching Player in possession of ball, player attempting quick play the ball, flailing to remove defenders, player makes contact with head of opponent, minor confrontation between players but player’s conduct unacceptable

FLAILING TO REMOVE DEFENDERS??
It was a good couple of straight punches to the head.
The RFL are a disgrace and want to try to ensure wire win the league this year.

Apparently he has been warned for this, no further action, no fine, no ban, nothing!
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
josie andrews

Re: "Disciplinary"

Post by josie andrews »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
Apparently he has been warned for this, no further action, no fine, no ban, nothing!
What do you expect Jon? If they don't wear a cherry & pink shirt they all get off with just a smacked wrist :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I think a warning's fair enough, it wasn't as bad as Lee Smith or Keith Senior kicking out against us, they should have been banned but got a warning and Amos got a warning after last week because it highlighted what can happen when you swing your elbows all over the place. Westwood was idiotic but if he'd been sent off it would have been a bit extreme. The wording might be nonsense but any other wording and its classed as fighting which is a one match ban. I don't want to see players getting banned all the time.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

gpartin wrote:I think a warning's fair enough, it wasn't as bad as Lee Smith or Keith Senior kicking out against us, they should have been banned but got a warning and Amos got a warning after last week because it highlighted what can happen when you swing your elbows all over the place. Westwood was idiotic but if he'd been sent off it would have been a bit extreme. The wording might be nonsense but any other wording and its classed as fighting which is a one match ban. I don't want to see players getting banned all the time.
He deliberately punched Sam in the head, he got off at least three good shots, while Sam was in no position to defend himself.

The only reason it wasn't fighting was because fighting would imply it was Sam had thrown a punch back.

I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
gpartin wrote:I think a warning's fair enough, it wasn't as bad as Lee Smith or Keith Senior kicking out against us, they should have been banned but got a warning and Amos got a warning after last week because it highlighted what can happen when you swing your elbows all over the place. Westwood was idiotic but if he'd been sent off it would have been a bit extreme. The wording might be nonsense but any other wording and its classed as fighting which is a one match ban. I don't want to see players getting banned all the time.
He deliberately punched Sam in the head, he got off at least three good shots, while Sam was in no position to defend himself.

The only reason it wasn't fighting was because fighting would imply it was Sam had thrown a punch back.

Did any of Westwoods punches land on Sam.
If there were it was only be the first one.
Westwood couldnt punch to save his life.