Under 20's / Under 18's result

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Under 20's / Under 18's result

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors 24 Warrington Wolves 28

Salford 40 Wigan Warriors 44

Both games saw head injuries to 3 Wigan players today. Two for U20's but the worse was to Connor Farrell for U18's who had to be taken to hospital.

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Re: Under 20's / Under 18's result

Post by Kittwazzer »

I thought it was a cracking game which we could have won. 2nd try for Dom Crosby was in the bag till he was pulled back for a forward pass. And it was only a head shot from Chris Riley that stopped Jack Murphy's superb break from a Logan Tomkins pass ending under the sticks. That was a red card offence IMO!
Still, it was worth going just for Joe Mellor's interception and length of the pitch dash to the tryline!

Hope young Connor is OK. Seems he came off after a bang on the head and sat in the dugout. Then as his dad is walking him out the stadium, he collapsed!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Great game, terrible decision for the forward pass that would have won Wigan the game.
doc

Post by doc »

Better goal kicking and we would have won. Wire played well in a similar style to their first team. Being the first U20s match I have watched I have got to say that our players looked far better conditioned the the Wire lads. One of their props seemed to be carrying a lot of blubber like some throwback to the 70s.
TSB

Post by TSB »

Thought the games were a tad rubbish. Watched the first team under 18s under 20s best game over the weekend was Ice Rose bridge u18s v Thatto heath National cup semi final. Ince won
with Effort an solidarity by the amateurs.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

doc wrote:Better goal kicking and we would have won. Wire played well in a similar style to their first team. Being the first U20s match I have watched I have got to say that our players looked far better conditioned the the Wire lads. One of their props seemed to be carrying a lot of blubber like some throwback to the 70s.
Number 8!!!! :lol: Reminded me of Peter Smethurst turning out during the Players Strike!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
doc

Post by doc »

That's the one!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

doc wrote:That's the one!
Found out that his name is Mike Stewart and he used to play for Everton!:rotfl:
doc

Post by doc »

Must have been s GK. The way he's going he'll soon be as fat as Neville Southall was.