No Briers on Friday

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
OJ

No Briers on Friday

Post by OJ »

Much as he is an irritating, self refereeing little twerp, I think Wire may miss him on Friday (here's hoping!)
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ml&BID=480

Warrington will be without veteran stand-off Lee Briers for Friday's top-of-the-table Engage Super League clash at Huddersfield.

The 32-year-old playmaker has been ruled out after suffering a dead leg in last Sunday's shock defeat by Catalan Dragons.

On the positive side, Ryan Atkins and Louis Anderson are both poised to return to action at the Galpharm Stadium.

England centre Atkins has been out for four weeks with an ankle injury while Kiwi forward Anderson underwent knee surgery early last month.

Ben Harrison returns from a leg injury while Ben Westwood is back in contention after being rested for the Catalan game.

Warrington lead Super League on points difference from Huddersfield and Castleford heading into the game.

Wolves coach Tony Smith has learned five of his players have been named in a provisional squad for the new Exiles team to face England in a mid-season international.

Only a maximum of three of them will feature in the contest on June 10 but the Wolves could have several other players on duty in the England side.

With a Super League game against Salford just two days later, the fixture could present a major headache for Smith but, as a former England coach, he is behind the concept even if others have questions.

The Rugby Football League have devised the fixture to replace the traditional England v France contest, which has been one-sided in recent years.

Smith said: "We weren't getting the worth out of the France fixture. It was hard for them to put a really competitive team out.

"This is something that has come around because of that and I am certainly there to support England as much as I can.

"The better the opposition and preparation for further down the track, the better.

"As for how it will affect us and the ins and outs of it, we will have to look at it.

"The England side of it, we will always support that - but the overseas part, I don't think it is solely down to the coach.

"The people who pay the bills for those people need to be firmly behind it as well."

Anderson, Brett Hodgson, Matt King, Joel Monaghan and Michael Monaghan are the Wolves players in the Exiles squad.

King is currently out of action with a knee injury but has targeted an Easter comeback.

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

the winky one

Re: No Briers on Friday

Post by the winky one »

Awww diddums.. :eusa1:
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I hate the sight of that snivelling little git Briers. But in all honesty he controls the game for The Wire always bossing them into posotional plays that others would not see. Constantly having other teams on the back foot. Hate to say it but in all honesty a fantastic little player who at a younger age would not hesitate in having him at Wigan. Though without him I can see another upset on the cards against Hudds. Lets hope so. :D
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

hope the get done again
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Big loss for Wire
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

KOOCH wrote:I hate the sight of that snivelling little git Briers. But in all honesty he controls the game for The Wire always bossing them into posotional plays that others would not see. Constantly having other teams on the back foot. Hate to say it but in all honesty a fantastic little player who at a younger age would not hesitate in having him at Wigan. Though without him I can see another upset on the cards against Hudds. Lets hope so. :D
Hardly 'another upset' Kooch. Giants have beaten em once already. Can see em getting the double on Friday! :)
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

KOOCH wrote:I hate the sight of that snivelling little git Briers.

:eusa2: :eusa3: :eusa2: :eusa3: :eusa2: :eusa3:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:Big loss for Wire
Ironic innit. Despite their massive spending, their most prolific match winner is a Stains reject who couldn't make the National team!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Ironic innit. Despite their massive spending, their most prolific match winner is a Stains reject who couldn't make the National team!
He played International rugby for Wales several times :sarc:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
He played International rugby for Wales several times :sarc:
But do we really count a 'country' which is half the size of Yorkshire! :lol: