Seven Warriors in Exile

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Re: Seven Warriors in Exile

Post by ancientnloyal »

We're going to get battered (despite their coach)!

Plus, do we get compensation if someone gets injured? Do they get extra money for playing?

Answer is quite possibly: No.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

We should definitely vote so Wigan players are NOT included.
If I had my way, they wouldn't play for England/GB either.

Just cast my vote, the Warriors in the team so far are Pat, George and Tommy, with 39% 28% and 65% respectively.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
doc

Post by doc »

Squad seems top heavy with hookers to me.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

doc wrote:Squad seems top heavy with hookers to me.
Nothing wrong with a lot of hookers.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Vote for all non Wigan players!!!
botica

Post by botica »

I have picked mine with no wiganers at all... However Paddy is topping the list for winger we need to help him out!

Get voting and keep em out!!!
Tommy is the choice for half back and Carmont is 2nd in the votes for centre
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I voted Meli for Wing instead of Pat. We all need to vote Meli. It is Tommy or Sammut for 7 and at centre I opted for Soliola instead of George.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

butt monkey wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:I also see we are due to play away at Cas on the Sunday 12th!
Do the RFL seriously expect the 7 Wigan players named in the Exiles to play full tilt against what is likely an England team with more than a smattering of Wigan players in it.

Who is going to insure the players against possible injury, compensate the fans for potential loss of said players, cover any losses whatsoever ?

I for one would use the Alex Ferguson method of withdrawing players from Internationals with "illness/injury" and if that is not allowed then let the selected players concerned play "tick and pass" amongst themselves. I mean who gives a sh*t about this match anyway???? :angry:

I can't believe the negativity here - we are NOT football & pride ourselves with our image compared to them.

Also, how do you think all those Wigan players would feel themselves to be omitted from the match they all want to play in, that which Hoff himself has promoted, as vital & important to the progress of our International sides performances going forward with the World Cup in mind. Should we also non-vote for Wigan to host games in the tournament, (lets all go to the new Stains Stadium instead!), to vote our players out of that, and in fact lets not bother with anything that involves our National side.

Any programme that takes RL forward should be supported - a strong Eng/GB internationally would have huge spin-off benefits to our club and may even get us closer to the Aussies/Kiwis on the world stage.
botica

Post by botica »

I don't think any of the players will be that bothered if they don't get in.
Paddy shouldn't have to play and should say so himself. He is working hard to play for Wigan and i think even Wigan should spell him off the bench anyway. We don't want another Phil Bailey with his injury!

The RFL are goons if they think fans will vote to see a good mix, they will all do as we have!!
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

botica wrote:I don't think any of the players will be that bothered if they don't get in.
Paddy shouldn't have to play and should say so himself. He is working hard to play for Wigan and i think even Wigan should spell him off the bench anyway. We don't want another Phil Bailey with his injury!

The RFL are goons if they think fans will vote to see a good mix, they will all do as we have!!

Think RFL have this in mind - that's why the coach will have the final say on selecting the players in form.

Further to an earlier post, sorry, can't recall who, although 7 Warriors nominated for the team, I think only 3 in total allowed from any one club.

Come on go for it - we'll still do Cas anyway! Surely this is a much better option than another mis-match against the french?