we need a leader

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

we need a leader

Post by mike binder »

im not calling raders think he his only player can hold his head up this morning and say i did my best but we need a leader of men on the pitch is this wat fletcher is going to give us next season dont know much about him can u help :baaa:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mario

Re: we need a leader

Post by mario »

mike binder posted:
im not calling raders think he his only player can hold his head up this morning and say i did my best but we need a leader of men on the pitch is this wat fletcher is going to give us next season dont know much about him can u help :baaa:
That's what we need more than anything! There wher huge gaps in the defence in the second half and nobody to sort it out.
Fletcher is too old, Mo gives him a 2 year deal,but was only willing to give Hock a 1 year deal.
where is the sense in that?
I think O'loughlin should be captain next season,but he might have enough on his plate getting back to the top of his game after his injury.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

We need someone who will give the fire and brimstone speeches under the posts. As I've said elsewhere, Farrell used to go ballistic and it usually seemed to do the trick. We conceeded 2 cheap tries down the left hand side in quick succession last night 0 it didn't take a rocket scientist to work out that we weren't getting across quick enough.

I like Radlinski he is a top bloke (I met him about 10 years ago), however he doesn't get angry enough for me to be Captain - he is one of the best all time fullbacks and always tries his heart out for Wigan. I just don't think that Captain is his role.

Personally I would give it to one of the half backs. True, none of them is playing very well, however if they could dictate the game to their style then maybe just maybe one of them would perform to half the standard we expected of them when we bought them.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Matthew posted:
I like Radlinski he is a top bloke (I met him about 10 years ago), however he doesn't get angry enough for me to be Captain
What were you doing to try and make him angry?
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I wasn't trying to make him angry! He got my brother and me into the players bar at Central Park!

I just think that Kris is a more thoughtful player and what we need as captain is someone who can grab the team and shout at them when needed. Also, at full back, he is often isolated from the rest of the team.

For my money Radlinski is our best player, however I don't think that he makes the best captain
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

We look like a laughing stock on the pitch ! IMO having lamy run over to our lads to give team pep talks and encouragement is daft…. It undermines the captain on the field of play and the team don’t know who’s in charge out there :angry:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing