James Child...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Re: James Child...

Post by Kittwazzer »

Maybe I'm getting soft in old age but I sort of feel sorry for the lad. Nobody takes up refereeing determined to be a bad referee!

There aren't that many of them. Couldn't the leech Cummings not justify his existence by calling them all in, thrash these complaints out and let the owd yeds give the young uns the benefit of their experience?

And even remind why we have hated the French since 1066, 1346,1415 and 1940?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You have to look at his line managers / so called coaches. So many referees went OTT at Millenium Magic which suggests they were following orders. When the poop hit the fan, the referees seemed to follow a new set of rules / rule interpretations 1 week into the season. Child seems to still be following what he was told pre season. So where is the help?
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

Stuart Cummings is probably the man to blame. It seemed clear at MM at they'd all been told to give penalties for any slight infringement at the ruck. Then our game against Hull was one of the slowest games i've ever seen and Ganson, i don't think, gave one penalty for interference. You could say it was his fault, but it seemed clear to me that he'd been told not to give any penalties at the ruck after they'd been criticised earlier. It was this that caused frustration amongst the players and caused the brawls at the end.

Saw an interview with Karl Kirkpatrick and he said Cummingsn had been there to long and i agree.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

cpwigan wrote:A worry is

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 444195.stm

If the RFL start sending Child to clubs that haven't complained about him we could end up seeing him at the DW. Catalans is a safe fixture. No away fans etc no TV :( :(

IMO it shows why we should have the 2 referee system as it is in the NRL now whereby still one referee but a younger more inexperienced referee acts as the pocket referee just assisting the main referee. Excellent way to develop and gain experience.
By all means lets have two ref's but here is the crux cp. What if you get Childs and Ganson officiating. One's an idiot and the other gob shite would over rule the other idiot. :sly:
OJ

Post by OJ »

KOOCH wrote: What if you get Childs and Ganson officiating. One's an idiot and the other gob shite would over rule the other idiot. :sly:
Wonderful thinking and so true :)
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

ste lord

Post by ste lord »

to be fare to the whole reffing thing, they are bringing young refs through the system

my lad has just started playing to the U11's, the ref they have had for the last 2 weeks is sent by the rfl and is 15 years old, on sunday they had a senior ref monitoring his performance from the side lines, IMO this is a great way to develop up coming officials to the game.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

ste lord wrote:to be fare to the whole reffing thing, they are bringing young refs through the system

my lad has just started playing to the U11's, the ref they have had for the last 2 weeks is sent by the rfl and is 15 years old, on sunday they had a senior ref monitoring his performance from the side lines, IMO this is a great way to develop up coming officials to the game.
I always found the young refs to be the best, provided the parents didn't go OTT. You ever had Cliff Tamou ref your games? Best I've ever seen at any level!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

He had a decent game in our match at Salford, I thought, and only gave 10 penalties all game.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Can't blame the ref, he didn't make us miss tackles or knock on and do crud kicking did he?
turf

Post by turf »

Morph wrote:Surely he cn't be as bad as

Phil bentham
Steve ganson
Thierry Alibert
Ben Thaler
Richard Silverwood
Turf!!!
Uncalled for.

And people wonder why I don't come on here much any more?!?!?!?! :( :( :( :angry: