So you still want Feka ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
exile in Tiger country

Re: So you still want Feka ?

Post by exile in Tiger country »

weststand-rich wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:
weststand-rich wrote:Shame.

I did fear his conditioning would fall by the wayside.

I think Lima is obviously the better option - he just needs to clean up his brain explosion dirty play to avoid his current ratio of 3/8 banned games.
Looks like another ban for Lima after the KR players decided to start throwing punches for nothing again.
Feka did well for Salford on Saturday.
I watched Salford on Saturday with the specific aim of thinking about this post. He was fine going forward and came up with two good offloads in the tackle. He also played better being sandwiched around the brak to give him a break.

Were my comments about his defensive fraility fair. Definately. It's not even a fitness issue really - he's just not mobile.

Feka conceded 3 red-hot clangers and in a tight game they would/could have cost. All related to his speed in the defensive line. The first 2 were caused by not getting back and not being square at the PTB. Both gave away cheap terrority. The last error cost Salford a try - Bradfords try after the break came directly from space created when Diskin nipped around him and into the hole he should have been covering at the PTB.

Having said this though - Lima's brain explosions are turning into atomic drops. Is he trying to go back home with Madge and get an early release??
The one for not being square was well out of order.
He lined up perfectly with the Bulls player. It was just that he was twice as wide as him, so he looked like he wasn't square.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

weststand-rich wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote: Looks like another ban for Lima after the KR players decided to start throwing punches for nothing again.
I watched Salford on Saturday with the specific aim of thinking about this post. He was fine going forward and came up with two good offloads in the tackle. He also played better being sandwiched around the brak to give him a break.

Were my comments about his defensive fraility fair. Definately. It's not even a fitness issue really - he's just not mobile.

Feka conceded 3 red-hot clangers and in a tight game they would/could have cost. All related to his speed in the defensive line. The first 2 were caused by not getting back and not being square at the PTB. Both gave away cheap terrority. The last error cost Salford a try - Bradfords try after the break came directly from space created when Diskin nipped around him and into the hole he should have been covering at the PTB.

Having said this though - Lima's brain explosions are turning into atomic drops. Is he trying to go back home with Madge and get an early release??
The one for not being square was well out of order.
He lined up perfectly with the Bulls player. It was just that he was twice as wide as him, so he looked like he wasn't square.
Exile - we'll have to agree to disagree. To my eye he was moving to the side as he got up. Borderline erring on not square.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote: Looks like another ban for Lima after the KR players decided to start throwing punches for nothing again.
All Lima has to do is stop going in low as third man then the opposition wont throw punches his way and it doesnt go on report.
When will this bloke learn the errors of his ways.
I trust that was a tongue in cheek comment?
Why should it be tongue in cheek Exile.
We all know he is being targetted by oposition players flaring up when he makes these style of tackles, and this gets him on report or yellow carded.
All I say is stop going in low at third man tackler, the penalties and opposition frustration then disappears, and we are not short of a prop for the next game or two.
As long as he continues to do this he will be repeatedly punished, fairly or not.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: All Lima has to do is stop going in low as third man then the opposition wont throw punches his way and it doesnt go on report.
When will this bloke learn the errors of his ways.
I trust that was a tongue in cheek comment?
We all know he is being targetted by oposition players flaring up when he makes these style of tackles, and this gets him on report or yellow carded.
All I say is stop going in low at third man tackler, the penalties and opposition frustration then disappears, and we are not short of a prop for the next game or two.
As long as he continues to do this he will be repeatedly punished, fairly or not.
I see your point, and I suppose I was thinking in terms of that utopia where Wigan players are treated fairly.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote: I trust that was a tongue in cheek comment?
I see your point, and I suppose I was thinking in terms of that utopia where Wigan players are treated fairly.
Seems its very difficult for Wigan players to get a fair show at the moment, IMO, much stems from cheap comments raised by the likes of Nathen Brown & John Kear about Wigan's style of play. Sometimes it best just to go with the flow until the dust settles.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan / Melbourne / Madge reinvented tackling technique with IMO no intent whatsoever other than making the most effective tackle in terms of dominating the ball carrier / slowing the next POTB down.

Modern defence is all about locking the ball up first as you stop the ball carrier, the second man goes in and that leaves room for the 3rd man to go into the legs. It is only a reverse of old gashioned tackling technique. NOBODY has shown any evidence of a player being hurt by this legs last technique. In their own mind they have invented it and decided it is to be outlawed, the RFL / Cummings never have the guts to say so publically.

Wigan do what they have been coached to do. Cummings is coaching his referees that it is wrong. How else can you explain a lower rank referee penalising Logan Tomkins at Orrell for doing the exact same low tackle.

Players are looking at officials and scratching their heads asking why, don't be stupid etc but it is clear the RFL / Cummings have issued another stupid edict. Questions have to be raised re Sharpe because he must have encouraged this decision / backed it.

Which is more important stopping players going low or attacking the head. Interestingly how often do you see match officials / judiciary panels making excuses for high tackle, bounced/started at the chest etc but when a player goes low they are fluxomed YET even if it goes wrong there is no intent, no proof it harmed the player.

So we have Lima now treated like he is a sex offender in a family street and if he so much as smiles the wrong way the RFL/players are taking advantage and have become vigilantes. Lima is in an incredibkly difficult position. Well done Cummings / RFL.