Shooting ourselves in the foot

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mikey800

Shooting ourselves in the foot

Post by Mikey800 »

Easter is here, and the weather is great, several exciting games on the cards, massive crowds due and i'm sure we'll see some fantastic games,

BUT...................................

Most of the news around the game is negative, Mcgoldrick's paper artical, Cockayne's racial slurs, Alker files grievance with Reds, players saying the game becomes "mundane". And this follows on from Ryan Bailey's comments on the earthquake in Japan, the Martin Gleeson saga, and countless other unsavory incidents

With such a period in store on the field, all the hype should be about the games, but players and officals drag the game down to the gutter and then complain when the wider public fail to take us seriously or allow super league the exposure it undoubtably derserves/needs.

I just find it so frustrating :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17:
"Well, it seemed like a good idea" he said, as the paramedics slowly lifted him into the waiting ambulance
KOOCH

Re: Shooting ourselves in the foot

Post by KOOCH »

Mikey800 wrote:Easter is here, and the weather is great, several exciting games on the cards, massive crowds due and i'm sure we'll see some fantastic games,

BUT...................................

Most of the news around the game is negative, Mcgoldrick's paper artical, Cockayne's racial slurs, Alker files grievance with Reds, players saying the game becomes "mundane". And this follows on from Ryan Bailey's comments on the earthquake in Japan, the Martin Gleeson saga, and countless other unsavory incidents

With such a period in store on the field, all the hype should be about the games, but players and officals drag the game down to the gutter and then complain when the wider public fail to take us seriously or allow super league the exposure it undoubtably derserves/needs.

I just find it so frustrating :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17:
Well said Mikey.Unfortunately as in all walks of life people in an exhalted position often put the boot into a sport they are supposed to love. And expect we fans to except lame (I'm terribly sorry if I have offended people) excuses.It would help if they bothered to look at the example set by professionals the like of Billy Boston's of this world.It is a sad indictment of the way sportsmen and sport seems to be going these days.Sad really but a fact of life. :D
exile in Tiger country

Re: Shooting ourselves in the foot

Post by exile in Tiger country »

And the quality of the games these last two days has obliterated all of this.
Good Rugby will out!
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09