When Fieldens fit

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gillysmyhero

When Fieldens fit

Post by gillysmyhero »

Which prop is going to miss out from Coley, Prescott, Lima, Mossop & Fielden?
Panchitta Marra

Re: When Fieldens fit

Post by Panchitta Marra »

On current form, it has to be Lima, but I would have my money on Moss.
Cant see Madge dropping one of his prime overseas quota signings.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Panchitta Marra wrote:On current form, it has to be Lima, but I would have my money on Moss.
That's my worry, but if Madge sticks to his principle of who's playing well gets picked then for me it must be Lima that gets dropped. Does any one know when Fielden is going to be back. IMO we've missed him badly so far this season.
Panchitta Marra

gillysmyhero wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:On current form, it has to be Lima, but I would have my money on Moss.
That's my worry, but if Madge sticks to his principle of who's playing well gets picked then for me it must be Lima that gets dropped. Does any one know when Fielden is going to be back. IMO we've missed him badly so far this season.
My worry too, Lee Mossop has really upped his game this season as with Preccy.
I thought this was Jeff Lima's best game for us, and bearing in mind who we were playing.
On the current form of our front row it wont be an easy task for Stu just to walk straight back into the team.
Not a bad situation to be in.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Can't say that I have been impressed with Jeff Lima until this game.Nothing spectacular but solid in his work rate.Took an heavy Knock from the collision with Graham but did take it back to the field.He's never going to be the enforcer that we all crave but his work rate was aok.Never been a big Fielden fan whilst in Wigan colours until last season when he seemed to rediscover some of his old Bradford form and now I am big fan.Cannot see Michael replacing Jeff rather he will drop young Mossop.Shame really as he's solid in his carry's and tracking back in defence.Always nice to have the option of being able to rotate props from game to game giving one or the other a little respite in the hardest sporting game.Do we know how far Fielden is from full fitness or not? :D
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Just to throw somthing else into the mix, what happens when Hock is back in July that will give us 6 props
Panchitta Marra

gillysmyhero wrote:Just to throw somthing else into the mix, what happens when Hock is back in July that will give us 6 props
Not sure if Hock will play prop or second row, plus he has to prove himself fully fit.
He has been out for two full seasons, basic things should come back easily but Madge's style of play and fitness levels wont make it so simple a return for Gaz.
Genius1678

Post by Genius1678 »

Fielden to be back mid - July, Hock back end of June. :cool:
endoman

Post by endoman »

Forgot about Hock, he's now training with the squad isn't he? Will be like a big new signing,

Not a bad position to be in
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

gillysmyhero wrote:Just to throw somthing else into the mix, what happens when Hock is back in July that will give us 6 props
How will a second rower give us 6 props?