Mark Flannagan ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
butt monkey

Re: Mark Flannagan ?

Post by butt monkey »

Is this a weak area for Wigan - back row?

I think the side needs strengthening in more important areas with Hock returning and Gleeson gone and Deacon's likely retirement next season
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I'd have him back
Hoffman is going. It was originally thought that the Hoff one year deal was to allow for Hock, so I guess it depends on where Hock plays, with talk of him being moved to prop.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Would have Flash back tomorrow.
He was looking good before he left for Wests, has strengthened his game with his stint in the NRL and can play key rolls at 6, 9 & 13.
deancartwright1990

Post by deancartwright1990 »

yeah defo do we not get first dibs ?? id take him back big time!!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Firstly we have plenty back row forwards,secondly he is only an average player otherwise he would be playing regularly with the Tigers. No we dont want him.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

old hooker wrote:Firstly we have plenty back row forwards,secondly he is only an average player otherwise he would be playing regularly with the Tigers. No we dont want him.
Seems like only me and you agree on this one :eh:

Wigan have more than enough back row forwards and have other positions with less cover and more urgency to strengthen in than get a player that made about only 3 first team appearances in 2 years at the club.

As for him covering stand off etc - we wont play Sam at 6 - so why should we get a back rower to play there?

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
deancartwright1990

Post by deancartwright1990 »

be a good squad players looked good back end of the other year but we do have a lot of back rowers but hes versatile sao why not
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

deancartwright1​990​ wrote: but hes versatile sao why not
That argument can be used for any number of players:
Lockers - Loose Forwards/Stand off
Joel - 2nd Row/Centre
Charnley - Wing/Centre
Pat - Wing/Full back
Hock - 2nd Row/Prop (if that is what he is supposed to be)
TL - Scrum Half/Hooker
Sam - Stand off/Full Back

I could go on ad nauseum, but Wigan are shy one quality centre (maybe 2 depending on Carmont's future) and with Pat off contract and Roberts well out of sorts, there are other more prominent positions that need strengthening/improving with what salary cap the club has, rather than spend money on getting players just as "fill-ins" just because they can play in a multitude of positions