Ok...I have a question, isn't it illegal?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Re: Ok...I have a question, is...

Post by ChrisA »

da_duke posted:
How you lot have appointed a new coach even though mike gregory is still down as head coach??? This was all done behind Mikes back and the way you treat your coaches is appaulling. Why can't thy just pay him off??? But oh no, mr lindsay has to do it his own way. Wigan Warriors is turning into a bit of a shambles isn't it, good job wigans blue now isn't it.

I must say that millward is the right decision though, I was at the game on friday and I think latics would have put up a better rugby league performance.

Listen, he is being paid until the end of this season which is when his contract runs out anyway, the club offered to pay it up but he declined that offer, he hoped to be able to return but his illness prevented that. What do you want the club to do exactly ? just sit around and hope he gets better, in the meantime the club gets badly coached like it is doing at the moment.
da_duke

Re: Ok...I have a question...

Post by da_duke »

ChrisA posted:

Listen, he is being paid until the end of this season which is when his contract runs out anyway, the club offered to pay it up but he declined that offer, he hoped to be able to return but his illness prevented that. What do you want the club to do exactly ? just sit around and hope he gets better, in the meantime the club gets badly coached like it is doing at the moment.
You obviously know sweet bugger all about your club. Mike wanted to come back and the club did their upmost to find a reason why he couldn't. Oh and the club HAVE NOT offered that.
Although I'm a latic, I always want u warriors to do well....
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I think the club are in a position to say whether or not a coach is fit to work for them and as i've heard mike is not in the best of health and coaching the club would not be good for his recovery OR the running of the club.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
da_duke

Post by da_duke »

mrs_carney, you seem tho know your stuff. At the moment mike gregory cant but in september he could. From what I know Mike was given the go ahead by some doctors, but the club no best.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Well as you can see the club hasnt had the best start to the season and maybe the club just thought gregory might never be well enough to coach the club again and had to plan for their immediate future. I'm sure they're just as concerned with his health as the fans are, but the club is a business and they have to keep running no matter what happens. It would have been fantastic to see mike back in the coach's seat but unfortunately this is seemingly unlikely, would be great to see mike back involved in the game in some capacity though.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
da_duke

Post by da_duke »

sorry, i had to laugh when you said the club are bothered about mike.

But what you say about the fans is true. The turnout for last years hike for mike and the monaco ball room thing in april was amazing and it really does you guys some credit :D