Warrington Wolves

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gpartin

Warrington Wolves

Post by gpartin »

When was the last time Warrington went unbeaten for more than 3 games? I can't see how they can possibly win Super League with the inconsistency they've got. With their combination of old players and Aussies they look like the best team in the world one week but can't back it up! Nothing changes, what a shame.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

OJ

Re: Warrington Wolves

Post by OJ »

Don't think you are giving them credit for the gruelling derby match they had against poor old Salford on Friday, poor lads must have been jiggered. :D
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

thomo

Post by thomo »

on the subject of warrington - how the hell do they manage their salary cap so well.
See they are linked with aussie prop Dave Shillington and Tony Puletua plus Stegan Radford.
They must be letting some players go to fit those under the cap - that or be operating well under the cap this year
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Many people do not rte Myler but things went bad later in the season when Smith dropped him etc and now he is out injured etc.

Smith's selection ideas/choices are positively wierd.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Thomo! who is Stegan Radford?!!!! :conf: :conf:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

the winky one wrote:Thomo! who is Stegan Radford?!!!! :conf: :conf:
Hails from Lesamberhed Greentz
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

Dont get me started on Warrington and the salary cap!!! I know we in the early years of super league broke the rules but we were not as clever as Warrington,where there is a will there is a way, no rule like the salary cap is fully water tight and I am sure they are breaking the salary cap. But I believe the cap should be changed so clubs like Warrington and ourselves who can afford it aloud to pay more so as to keep our talented young players in the game or we will see more good young players crossing codes or going to Austrailia. The cap has done a good job in leveling the playing field but do we go on and see a slow drain of our best players leaving. We need a touch of realism that players given the choice want to join succesful clubs and though clubs have now narrowed the gap between top 6 clubs to the bottom clubs,it is time to look again at the salary cap and clubs abillity to attract players and afford them with the chairmen again having some indipendance on the finances of their own clubs
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

nellywelly wrote:Dont get me started on Warrington and the salary cap!!! I know we in the early years of super league broke the rules but we were not as clever as Warrington,where there is a will there is a way, no rule like the salary cap is fully water tight and I am sure they are breaking the salary cap. But I believe the cap should be changed so clubs like Warrington and ourselves who can afford it aloud to pay more so as to keep our talented young players in the game or we will see more good young players crossing codes or going to Austrailia. The cap has done a good job in leveling the playing field but do we go on and see a slow drain of our best players leaving. We need a touch of realism that players given the choice want to join succesful clubs and though clubs have now narrowed the gap between top 6 clubs to the bottom clubs,it is time to look again at the salary cap and clubs abillity to attract players and afford them with the chairmen again having some indipendance on the finances of their own clubs
Apart from Rhys Evans, who are Warringtons youngsters?
Do they even have an academy? I thought they just signed superstar Aussies apparently for a pittance and gobbled up players that other clubs can no longer afford, all of whom seem to play for the love of the Warrington club.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
nellywelly wrote:Dont get me started on Warrington and the salary cap!!! I know we in the early years of super league broke the rules but we were not as clever as Warrington,where there is a will there is a way, no rule like the salary cap is fully water tight and I am sure they are breaking the salary cap. But I believe the cap should be changed so clubs like Warrington and ourselves who can afford it aloud to pay more so as to keep our talented young players in the game or we will see more good young players crossing codes or going to Austrailia. The cap has done a good job in leveling the playing field but do we go on and see a slow drain of our best players leaving. We need a touch of realism that players given the choice want to join succesful clubs and though clubs have now narrowed the gap between top 6 clubs to the bottom clubs,it is time to look again at the salary cap and clubs abillity to attract players and afford them with the chairmen again having some indipendance on the finances of their own clubs
Apart from Rhys Evans, who are Warringtons youngsters?
Do they even have an academy? I thought they just signed superstar Aussies apparently for a pittance and gobbled up players that other clubs can no longer afford, all of whom seem to play for the love of the Warrington club.
TBF they are doing a lot better than they used to. Evans twins, Harrison, Riley, Williams, Cooper, Blythe I think have all come through their academy. All these over the past couple of years, before than it was none exsistent.