Giants slay Salford

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Giants slay Salford

Post by josie andrews »

Giants 52 Salford 22

Oh dear, another bad result over Easter for the City Reds
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mr Stu

Re: Giants slay Salford

Post by Mr Stu »

Salford are a mess. This season should have been a season of positive progression but with all they off field problems and their in ability to sort them out, its turning to be a poor season.

They need to sort themselves out. Get a new head coach and backroom staff sharpish. Then move on.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

If Widnes are in, Salford must be in line to take the bullet. Maybe two will go out. Widnes too close to a grouping for the rules.
Jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Salford are seen as THE Manchester franchise (Yes I know), new stadia on the way, Media City coming to Salford. IMO not a chance they will be booted and the next suggestion, Maybe I should wash my mouth out lol Brian Noble as coach? He does get his teams a reasonable amount of wins and media interest.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

cpwigan wrote:Salford are seen as THE Manchester franchise (Yes I know), new stadia on the way, Media City coming to Salford. IMO not a chance they will be booted and the next suggestion, Maybe I should wash my mouth out lol Brian Noble as coach? He does get his teams a reasonable amount of wins and media interest.
For all his short comings CP, Noble would get Salford contesting a play off spot within 18 months. The guy may only have one method of playing and to a certain level that works (with the right personal) but for me Salford should do all they can to get him in.
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

highland convert wrote:If Widnes are in, Salford must be in line to take the bullet. Maybe two will go out. Widnes too close to a grouping for the rules.
Jim
Cant see that mate if another superleague team is to go its got to be crusaders they should never have been in the first place. I still believe a place should made available for a team from Cumbria one of rugby leagues hart lands its a sin that none are already in. With half the money which was throne away on crusaders we could have atop class team up there where rugby league belongs