Ultras or Irregulars or what ever they are called this week

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

Re: Ultras or Irregulars or what ever they are called this week

Post by FROM A TO B »

cpwigan wrote:I like the way Josie organises the player sponsorship here. I think that is a fabulous iniative.

I also think the Brigantes is a fabulous iniative and the best thing ever done on RLfans. To create so so many banners to adorn a cold concrete stadia was nothing short of amazing in such a short time. The banners are quality, varied and stylish in message / tone. The big flags are similarly wonderful. If they have added fireworks / flares more power to them. The effort in terms of creating the banners/funding/purchasing but also putting them up (as a nancy boy where heights are concerned I would not be doing it) is so commendable.

Geoff is involved and he is hardly likely to be part of anything silly or sinister. Rogues is retired and close to pensionable age. I have read people welcomed warmly despite being total strangers to meetings etc.

I find it hard to comprehend. Indeed churlish to attack something so positive. What next a campaign to ban Josie from releasing baloons etc.
And about time too. Forever dodging the buggers at the front of the East! :roll:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
It was not a flare, it was a smoke bomb, big difference (although IMO neither is acceptable), and Rogue is well past retirement age (he's 109).As someone else has stated on here, if anyone has a problem with the flags please try and attend one of our meetings and make your grievances known ,we are a friendly bunch who are just trying to improve the atmosphere at home games and attempting to make the DW seem more like home, plus its a laugh and a few pints of good ale.Next meeting possibly next week, sure someone will post the time/date, all welcome.
There you go Medlocke (Baked Bean Boogie) and Co, an open invite to the next meeting.

I personally think the venues are chosen according to the quality of beer being offered if Geoff/Rogues are involved. Any excuse for a night out from the Care Home those two :wink:

The meetings are held in The Anvil pub, best ale in Wigan !! (I'm sure Geoff will confirm this.)

Next meeting....Thursday 5th May, Anvil, 8.00 pm, all welcome, come along and air any grievances OR discuss any ideas you may have, alternatively just enjoy a night with genuine RL fans talking rugby.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Ultras, Brigantes.....whatever youre called....keep up the excellent work, chants, singing, flags....I attend home and away games and I love the atmosphere it creates! Against Hull KR and Cru Cru Crusaders everyone was singing, clapping etc, and talking to opposition supporters, they were both jealous and impressed with the noise the Wigan fans made!!!! The flags are excellent, the DW looks like a Wigan Rugby League stadium.....and remember folks.....WE ARE WIGAN!

Matt
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Why does anyone need to call themselves anything other than fans? Ultras? Seems a bit pretentious to me and don't understand why a group of fans who want to wave flags have to call themselves anything.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

this is like a school playgroud, primary school i might add....live an' let live
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

They can call themselves what they want for me as long as they keep up the fantastic work. Kudos to them all!!!
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

cpwigan wrote:They can call themselves what they want for me as long as they keep up the fantastic work. Kudos to them all!!!
Nice video mate on that well known video sharing website. 'Wigan Ultras 2011 Brigantes' :)
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Sam Panapa ate me pie

Post by Sam Panapa ate me pie »

I think the noise and colour is fantastic and something that we should encourage.

The family atmosphere at RL matches is superb and something that MUSt be preserved so as soon as anyone starts to over step the line into swearing etc the it's obviously not wanted.

Reminds me of a nice moment, at the away match at Hudd at the end of last, last season where we got stuffed and two huge fans were sat in front of a group of us. Some of the girls in our group had never been to league before and loved it. One of the two lads sat in front dropped the f-bomb quite loudly at the start of the game and his mate (both of them built like the side of a house, fans of Taybarns like myself no doubt)dug him in the arm and told him to watch his language because there were ladies behind them.

Made me proud to be a Wigan and RL fan, you would never see that at f**tb*ll.

On a side note, when I first read the title I was about to say I was irregular on Sunday because my Dad made me eat processed peas for the first time in about fifteen years, then I realised what the thread was about.
LATCHY

Post by LATCHY »

Hi guys, just wonderd were the irregulars/brigantes are gonna be for the bradforf game, theres a couple of us making the trip and we want to be in the rite place.