Fans Forum

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Fans Forum

Post by Kittwazzer »

Finance- 108000 profit last year - expected 75-200000 profit depending how well we do

Coach- maguire was on a 2 year deal- option for a third, mark bicton + rads key to wigan, not confirming wane but gave biggest clue he will be appointed, 6 out of 13 SL coaches applied for job aswell as people in NRL, doesn't want radical change that's why wane is favourite

Squad- prescott has a new 3 year deal, tommy is not leaving, expect finch to leave after contract, wants tommy to resign and expects him to because he likes england, joe mellor + sam powell will be given a chance, george carmont will retire, andy coley will retire, deacon will retire, doesn't expect hoffman to resign, we miss riddell but doesn't regret decision, deal with players with loyalty

Questions -

why was the huddesfield picked as big one 3 and how to get huddesfield as away support? - doesn't expect a big following, all about getting wigan people to the game and create a good atmosphere so people will want to come again, targeting uni's in hudds aswell,

Any signings? - joel will more than likely be turned into a centre, thinks he will make it and be world class, tried to sign shenton but saints payed more and didn't want to get into a bidding war, no chance of new signings in centre unless some one world class comes up, marsh needs to be given a chance but expects that next year

Salary cap? - Suspicious of some clubs, RFL questioned wigan how they cheated (in the past) to try and figure people out e.g. Warrington

Hock new 5 year deal! - 17 n half stone now, very commited, hired a ex solider to keep up fitness, can play in the cup and signed him when the RFL said so

Orrell development - improve capacity to attract more people not going to be in the next 12 months

17-18 rugby union players who have never played a pro game of rugby union or rugby league will not count on cap first year, then second year only half

Wigan shirt? Back to cherry + white? - 68% increase in sales on shirts, used to target women and childs as they don't buy as many shirts appeals more to them, 3 year plan, first 2 years traditional shirt then 3rd will be wierd e.g. the pink one this season, away shirts sales are down by 42% because blue doesn't sell as said by marketing team and shows how much they know

NRL link up? - was meant to happen with melbourne but recent events stopped that, in process of two clubs one being st george but still the process

Complaining about refs, reference to leeds - ian sick of leeds and hull and hethringtons in particular , doesn't like the comments that are made about tackling, wigan speak in private rather than public, today complained that Gary hethrington seemed to have an influence, this was denied by RFL, pleased that maguire has respect

Lima - said the chicken wing was bad and jon wilkin was right to complain, at the weekend was the stupidest decision ever + he felt the legs tackling was nothing it a big fuss made out of nothing

If latics relegated, stadium situation? - if they are relegated, the finance will go down, if they do go down they will more than likely not be able to maintain the standard of the stadium as they will not be able to pay as much
Miggy

Post by Miggy »

Sorry, but could someone explain the stadium situation if Latics get relegated please.
Take me home, Wigan Road
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

29wes28 wrote:Take a notepad Josie :wink:
expect a full run down on here josie, you can be our roving reporeter. lol
Did take one but KW has more or less posted everything.

:)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Miggy wrote:Sorry, but could someone explain the stadium situation if Latics get relegated please.
That is something that has bothered me for some time. I know a lot of Warriors fans gloat at the prospect of Latics going down but financially, we would suffer.

As a Premier League Club, they have to maintain standards as regards the stadium and they get a lot of dosh from Sky. If they were to sink out of sight,.......well draw your own conclusions!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Anything KW has missed Josie?
onedego

Post by onedego »

hell KW, you'd put Spellcheck Wilkinson a run for his money!
onedego

Post by onedego »

Incidentally, not too sure if I heard Kris correctly, but did he say that Ian Lenegan hired the military guy to keep Hock in shape while he was out?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

onedego wrote:Incidentally, not too sure if I heard Kris correctly, but did he say that Ian Lenegan hired the military guy to keep Hock in shape while he was out?
No Wigan found the military guy from their contacts. Gaz Hock funded the coach out of his own pocket. Contrary to what some people think the ban cost Hock a lot financially.
onedego

Post by onedego »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Miggy wrote:Sorry, but could someone explain the stadium situation if Latics get relegated please.
That is something that has bothered me for some time. I know a lot of Warriors fans gloat at the prospect of Latics going down but financially, we would suffer.

As a Premier League Club, they have to maintain standards as regards the stadium and they get a lot of dosh from Sky. If they were to sink out of sight,.......well draw your own conclusions!
Yea, essentially IL said that Warriors & Latics both put 50% into the upkeep of the stadium which DW runs as a Not-For-Profit Venture (not certain I beleive that). Essentially, if Latics go down, they would suffer financially, and may struggle to meet their 50% commitment. So, if Latics struggle to meet their 50% commitment it would mean one of two things, 1) Warriors put in more than 50% (negatively affecting WW finances), or 2) the stadium starts to fall into a state of disrepair.

I spoke to IL afterwards to clarify on the situation with Latics, and he beleives that they're not pulling in the crowds and the shop footfall because they're struggling in respect to success. In short, where we increased our support during the dark ages, Latics fans seem to be decreasing.
onedego

Post by onedego »

cpwigan wrote:
onedego wrote:Incidentally, not too sure if I heard Kris correctly, but did he say that Ian Lenegan hired the military guy to keep Hock in shape while he was out?
No Wigan found the military guy from their contacts. Gaz Hock funded the coach out of his own pocket. Contrary to what some people think the ban cost Hock a lot financially.
thanks, wasn't sure if i heard "He 'ad hired" or "Ian hired".