Widnes keep faith in Betts

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Widnes keep faith in Betts

Post by josie andrews »

Former Great Britain and Wigan forward Denis Betts will remain as head coach of Widnes when they join the Super League next season.

The 41-year-old joined the Vikings last November after ending a four-year spell in rugby union with Gloucester, and has agreed a two-year contract.

"I am extremely honoured that this great club has put its faith in me," said Betts.

The Championship club, who were handed a three-year Super League licence on March 31, had been linked with high-profile coaches in Australia but ended the speculation at a press conference at the Stobart Stadium on Tuesday.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 73,00.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
exile in Tiger country

Re: Widnes keep faith in Betts

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Should think so too.
I'm certain he will make a great coach.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Re: Widnes keep faith in Betts

Post by cpwigan »

Good luck to him. He has taken some awful stick from the Widnes fans who seem to think they have a diving right to win anything/everything be it at Championship level or even SL level.